Gents:
I'm looking for some information on Store Security for planning purposes for our brick and mortar store.
I have looked at the guidelines, but I'm curious what most people are doing and what are the pitfalls of a specific method.
Since we are pretty much a home FFL currently with plans to get a store going in the coming year, we are using a couple gun safes and they are pretty much only used for holding firearms for the waiting period or gunsmithing.
From what I've read the following methods are:
1) Storing in Gun Safe
2) Storing in Gun Vault (vault or secure room within building)
3) Storing in Place, on display, secured by hardened steel rod/cable, in secured building (bars/shutters/roll up security doors)
Am I missing anything?
From talking to acquaintences who have worked in stores doing # 1 and 2, it's a real pain to have to move the stock each day after the store closes into the vault.
#3 seems to be the easiest method, but are bars on the doors/windows required or is it permissible to have cameras/security and still lock the firearms in place?
We are considering some locations near other retail stores and I don't think the barred windows/doors would fly there.
Thanks,
CM
I'm looking for some information on Store Security for planning purposes for our brick and mortar store.
I have looked at the guidelines, but I'm curious what most people are doing and what are the pitfalls of a specific method.
Since we are pretty much a home FFL currently with plans to get a store going in the coming year, we are using a couple gun safes and they are pretty much only used for holding firearms for the waiting period or gunsmithing.
From what I've read the following methods are:
1) Storing in Gun Safe
2) Storing in Gun Vault (vault or secure room within building)
3) Storing in Place, on display, secured by hardened steel rod/cable, in secured building (bars/shutters/roll up security doors)
Am I missing anything?
From talking to acquaintences who have worked in stores doing # 1 and 2, it's a real pain to have to move the stock each day after the store closes into the vault.
#3 seems to be the easiest method, but are bars on the doors/windows required or is it permissible to have cameras/security and still lock the firearms in place?
We are considering some locations near other retail stores and I don't think the barred windows/doors would fly there.
Thanks,
CM

Comment