Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Purchasing more than one gun in a month

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fixmy59bug
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 205

    Purchasing more than one gun in a month

    I know this isn't a specific FFL question, but I figure they would be the most qualified to answer the question correctly.

    So I just purchased and DROS'ed a PPT XD9 on 10/10 and will be able to pick it up on the 21st (due to them closing before the 240 hour hold expires).

    I would also like to pick up a PPT AR and hopefully get it before the Zombie shoot.

    I know there is no 30 day waiting period between Private Parts Transfers like there is on new purchases. But when I bought my first gun 3 months ago, the FFL told me even there is no 30 day period, it is suggested I wait about 15 days between PPT's so it does not throw a red flag to the DOJ.

    Is there any truth to this?

    Would it be advisable to wait a week or two after picking up my XD9?

    Thanks.
  • #2
    Mssr. Eleganté
    Blue Blaze Irregular
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 10401

    There is no truth to it. Even if it did "throw up a red flag" it wouldn't matter since you aren't doing anything illegal.
    __________________

    "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

    Comment

    • #3
      edgerly779
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2009
      • 19871

      I did 2 deros's on sunday 1 for ppt handgun and 1 for shipin shotgun.

      Comment

      • #4
        Librarian
        Admin and Poltergeist
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 44689

        It appears you believe the 1-in-30 applies to rifles
        I would also like to pick up a PPT AR
        Unless you mean an AR pistol, that AR is a rifle - and 1-in-30 applies only to handgun purchases, and even then does not apply to PPT handgun transfers, except in the city of Los Angeles.
        ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

        Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1