Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Who does Insurance ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • a-chris-47
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 33

    Who does Insurance ?

    I will be getting my 01 Gunsmith FFL license in a few days. I was wondering who people use for their liability insurance. Is there one specific company with the NRA ? I have heard only one guy in the industry, but I can't remember who he is . Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks , chris
  • #2
    meazn123
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 78

    I'm actually looking for an insurance company as well, but looks like we're both out of luck since no replies for 7 days.....!

    Comment

    • #3
      tenpercentfirearms
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Apr 2005
      • 13007

      NRA Business Alliance. Google it.
      www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

      Comment

      • #4
        therealnickb
        King- Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2011
        • 8957

        Originally posted by meazn123
        I'm actually looking for an insurance company as well, but looks like we're both out of luck since no replies for 7 days.....!
        I sent the op a PM but did not hear back. I assumed he found what he was looking for elsewhere. (maybe it was my sig? )

        We would use Philly for shops and smiths but it's a new program. Shoot me a PM with an email address and I'll get an app to you.

        Nick

        Comment

        • #5
          Tunis
          Vendor/Retailer
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Feb 2006
          • 1372

          Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
          NRA Business Alliance. Google it.
          +1

          NRABA is good to go...and affordable too!

          Comment

          • #6
            jack1420
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 3

            Who does Insurance?

            Liability insurance is a part of the general insurance system of risk financing to protect the purchaser the "insured" from the risks of liabilities. Originally, individuals or companies that faced a common peril, formed a group and created a self-help fund out of which to pay compensation should any member incur loss (in other words, a mutual insurance arrangement).

            Comment

            • #7
              wildhawker
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2008
              • 14150

              Contact Jeff Silvester, who does insurance for a number of California FFLs. He's also a huge gun rights guy who works hard as a volunteer for Calguns Foundation and Cal-FFL (which you need to be a member of!).

              -Brandon
              Brandon Combs

              I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

              My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

              Comment

              • #8
                BigMac
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 1117

                I use Granit State as an underwriter.
                I get my policy through Joseph Chairello.

                Becasue I am in Alameda County, the NRA would not help with insurance.
                Every couple years they call me up trying to sell to me, then they find out I'm in Alameda County they stop calling..

                I just had a State Farm guy come around to get me a quote recently.. I wonder who the underwriter would be..
                gunnutsnospam@sbcglobal.net

                Comment

                • #9
                  snaxbox
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 1

                  Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
                  NRA Business Alliance. Google it.
                  As always. Online research helps if you can't find answers immediately to your liability questions. Hope you'll find the best company regarding the liability insurance that you need.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Colonel Monk
                    Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 366

                    Gents:

                    Been meaning to look into this for the boss. Curious if you guys can provide a ballpark figure of the cost of such a policy. If you'd rather not do it publicly perhaps via PM?

                    Thanks,

                    CM
                    CM

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Smoke&Rattler
                      Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 274

                      Originally posted by Colonel Monk
                      Gents:

                      Been meaning to look into this for the boss. Curious if you guys can provide a ballpark figure of the cost of such a policy. If you'd rather not do it publicly perhaps via PM?

                      Thanks,

                      CM
                      ↑ This. I'm interested too.
                      Brown 3 million. His opponent 2.1 million. Gun owners 8 million. Shouldn't his opponent have received 8 million and we have a pro gun governor??

                      Storm Lake Conversion Barrel. XD357SIG - $100

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Boogaloo
                        Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 411

                        Originally posted by wildhawker
                        Contact Jeff Silvester, who does insurance for a number of California FFLs. He's also a huge gun rights guy who works hard as a volunteer for Calguns Foundation and Cal-FFL (which you need to be a member of!).

                        -Brandon

                        What are the benefits of being a member of Cal-FFL ?

                        The website has zero information regarding membership, or benefits..

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Colonel Monk
                          Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 366

                          Originally posted by Smoke&Rattler
                          ↑ This. I'm interested too.
                          I contacted Jeff Silvester via email to inquire - basically he said that cost of the policy is directly linked to your volume of business - so the more gross revenue the more you pay. For us small FFLs this is good!

                          Now, as to who will write the policy, that depends on the type of FFL you have and the kind of business you do.

                          As far as I can tell the more economical policies are only available to FFL01 - once you go FFL07 or other the choices are a bit more limited.

                          CM
                          CM

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1