Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Centralized list intial inspection

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • curvejunkie
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 816

    Centralized list intial inspection

    I understand that the DOJ will be coming out to our shop for our inspection for this final permit?

    Is this true and if so, what will they be looking for/need? Other than security, safes, ect? They had said on the phone they would be willing to do "training" as well?

    I like to be prepared for this, as I was for the ATF so it goes as smoothly as possible.

    What should I be ready for if anything?
    Robert
    Elite Arms and Supply
    1148 S. Main Street, Manteca, CA 95337
    209-823-4400


    Webstore http://store.elitearmsandsupply.com/
    www.facebook.com/elitearmsandsupply

    Our new web store is up and running!

    Sig Sauer, Glock, Vortex, Kimber, Beretta, Benelli and Wilson Combat Dealers.
  • #2
    tenpercentfirearms
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2005
    • 13007

    This is the first I have heard of this. The DOJ came and saw me within a month, but that was to intimidate me because I was in the OLL game. I never had a real DOJ audit for like 5 years.
    www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

    Comment

    • #3
      kemasa
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2005
      • 10706

      Make sure that you have all the required signs of required size of the characters (1", as I recall). Make sure that you have storage which meets the requirements. Make sure that you have all the required permits and that everything that needs to be posted, is posted.

      I doubt that it is any big deal, just a typical inspection, but I have not heard of them doing it in advance before.
      Kemasa.
      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

      Comment

      • #4
        LambertPawn
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2010
        • 24

        Kemasa has it right. Just a basic inspection of your building and compliance audit. They will make sure all of your storage of the firearms is done in accordance with the code. Check you posters, the RK Ent. set is easy and cheap enough. My inspection was a month or two after we got the license so they also reviewed an transactions we had completed up to that point. By training, it is pretty much just going over all the processes and forms you may or may not be familiar with. It is actually a pretty good opp. to ask any questions that you might have.

        Comment

        • #5
          curvejunkie
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 816

          Great, thank you. All of our signs are up, 1" or bigger, security requirements exceed and all permits except the CFD are done and handled.

          Thanks!
          Robert
          Elite Arms and Supply
          1148 S. Main Street, Manteca, CA 95337
          209-823-4400


          Webstore http://store.elitearmsandsupply.com/
          www.facebook.com/elitearmsandsupply

          Our new web store is up and running!

          Sig Sauer, Glock, Vortex, Kimber, Beretta, Benelli and Wilson Combat Dealers.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1