Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lower receiver not picked up within 30 days of DROS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • deviljon
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2513

    Lower receiver not picked up within 30 days of DROS

  • #2
    tenpercentfirearms
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2005
    • 13007

    First, do you have any proof that is what they said? I tend to write on their sales order receipt the date they can come back in. If you had that date on a receipt and claimed it was my fault, you would have pretty good case. If you just claimed I said that and that was 30 days ago, I might tell you to go pound sand as you had 10-30 days to pick it up and it isn't my fault you waited so long.

    In this case where the guy has it in writing, he should neglect to mention he just got back from a long trip and try to make it seem like the gun shop's fault for putting the wrong date. If I had the wrong date, I would eat the $25 for DROS.

    Second, it is entirely up to the gun shop what their procedure is for re-DROSing. They could charge the entire transfer fee if they want. They could just charge DROS, they could pay for your DROS and give you a $100. It is up to them. It is always best to understand and know these policies before starting DROS and have them in writing so the dealer can't make things up as they go.

    Good luck.
    www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

    Comment

    • #3
      deviljon
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 2513

      Thank you, I will be heading back to the FFL with my buddy this weekend to help him out. Will be sure to let him know not to mention being out of town and try to emphasize that the date provided was incorrect. Appreciate your help!

      Comment

      • #4
        tenpercentfirearms
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Apr 2005
        • 13007

        Originally posted by deviljon
        Thank you, I will be heading back to the FFL with my buddy this weekend to help him out. Will be sure to let him know not to mention being out of town and try to emphasize that the date provided was incorrect. Appreciate your help!
        I would not mention out of town. If I found out the guy wasn't back in town until after the 30 days I wrote down, then it would seem to me he would have been screwed even if I had written down the correct date.

        Personally I think your buddy should have been in there sooner and when you play it close to that line, I don't have much sympathy for you. However, when I make a mistake, I am quick to acknowledge it with customers and make it right.
        www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1