Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10 day wait regs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • epkid
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 99

    10 day wait regs

    When I bought my first pistol many years ago, I purchased it at a gun range. While the gun was in jail, I was allowed to come in and shoot it as long as I didn't take off premises. Recently a friend tried to do the same thing and was denied.

    What are the rules regarding the 10 day wait?

    Chad
  • #2
    EOD Guy
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1229

    Originally posted by epkid
    When I bought my first pistol many years ago, I purchased it at a gun range. While the gun was in jail, I was allowed to come in and shoot it as long as I didn't take off premises. Recently a friend tried to do the same thing and was denied.

    What are the rules regarding the 10 day wait?

    Chad
    Was your friend's gun completely paid for? Any range I've seen that lets you shoot while the firearm is in the 10 day wait will only so do if you've completely paid for the gun.

    Comment

    • #3
      tenpercentfirearms
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Apr 2005
      • 13007

      Originally posted by epkid
      When I bought my first pistol many years ago, I purchased it at a gun range. While the gun was in jail, I was allowed to come in and shoot it as long as I didn't take off premises. Recently a friend tried to do the same thing and was denied.

      What are the rules regarding the 10 day wait?

      Chad
      A firearm is the property of the gun shop until the customer picks it up. As such the firearm can be utilized lawfully in that business however the business owner wants. So if they want to let you shoot it, that is legal. If I want to take the gun off the premises and let you shoot it while I am present at a match, that is also legal. If I don't want to do any of that and won't let you shoot it until you pick it up, that is also legal.
      www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

      Comment

      • #4
        epkid
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2007
        • 99

        Thank you. That is what I thought. Don't know why they changed their rules.
        I thought you couldn't DROS until the gun was paid for.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1