Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Closed: Thanks for the help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beb1954
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 1611

    Closed: Thanks for the help

    Better put, is shipping the Mauser through an FFL necessary as it is considered a C&R AND is a long gun. Do I need to ship this to an FFL or can I ship it directly to the buyer? Does it matter that I would check that states laws or would it be Federal which I am doubting but just trying to get info on.

    Can I not ship a K98 Mauser to Il. directly without and FFL assitance? From seller to buyer is what I am asking. Other than a Driver's License, what might I need or want to get for the sale. It was sold through an online auction site.
    thx
    Last edited by beb1954; 07-19-2011, 10:54 AM. Reason: Better info
  • #2
    GoingQuiet
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Oct 2010
    • 2731

    Any person can ship a firearm in the US - there is no requirement to be an FFL to ship a firearm.

    "Directly" is something you need to expand upon. Is the buyer an FFL?

    Drivers licenses are not required to ship firearms. Prior to being an FFL when I sent a gun, I had a note with the buyer's info inside.
    GoingQuiet.com, 07/02 FFL
    PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ACCOUNT ARE NOT CHECKED - instead, email sales@goingquiet.com

    Comment

    • #3
      Flintlock Tom
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2007
      • 3353

      Across state lines involves federal regulations. Shipping your C&R rifle to a buyer in another state must be shipped to an FFL licensee. If your buyer has a C&R FFL you can ship straight to him. If not, it must be shipped to an 01FFL of the buyers choosing.
      It is legal for a non-licensee to ship the rifle to the buyers FFL.
      "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
      I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

      Comment

      • #4
        beb1954
        Senior Member
        • May 2006
        • 1611

        Thanks for the heads up on this. I called DOJ here and left the message for a call back and still have not gotten one. Even with another call generated.

        Comment

        • #5
          EBR Works
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Dec 2007
          • 10492

          Originally posted by beb1954
          Thanks for the heads up on this. I called DOJ here and left the message for a call back and still have not gotten one. Even with another call generated.
          Good luck with that. It is doubtful they will call back.

          As previously stated, if the firearm is crossing state lines, it has to go through an FFL.

          Any more questions?


          Check out our e-commerce site here:

          www.ebrworks.com

          Serving you from Prescott, AZ

          Comment

          • #6
            beb1954
            Senior Member
            • May 2006
            • 1611

            More Q's...

            Originally posted by EBR Works
            Good luck with that. It is doubtful they will call back.

            As previously stated, if the firearm is crossing state lines, it has to go through an FFL.

            Any more questions?
            Nope, no more q's and thank you for the clarification on this. I was not sure about it crossing the state line legalities..

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1