I have an Armorer that I want to send my gun repairs to, my question is; does he need an FFL to receive the guns? He is local and would pick them up. I would have them in my A&D and he would be the disposition.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Subletting guns for repair
Collapse
X
-
Subletting guns for repair
_____________________________________________
South Coast Outdoorsman
2736 E Chapman Ave
Orange CA 92869
714-532-4867
T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
_____________________________________________Tags: None -
He only occasionally works on guns?
27 CFR 478.11 (Meaning of terms)
If he is doing more than the above he needs an 01.(d) Gunsmith. A person who devotes time, attention, and labor to engaging in such activity as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit, but such a term shall not include a person who makes occasional repairs of firearms or who occasionally fits special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms;
If you know him personally you can loan him guns for up to 30 days. Not sure how that works with your A&D.*REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING* -
He occasionally works on guns, he has a fulltime job._____________________________________________
South Coast Outdoorsman
2736 E Chapman Ave
Orange CA 92869
714-532-4867
T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
_____________________________________________Comment
-
I wouldn't log any guns out in my A&D unless it was to a FFL, a person who completed a 4473 and DROS, or someone who gave me the gun for repair and I am returning it.
I believe gunsmiths also must have an FFL and an A&D.www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,488
Posts: 25,148,321
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 17546 users online. 106 members and 17440 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment