Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

No more ffl 03 to be issued ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    TKM
    Onward through the fog!
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2002
    • 10657

    Originally posted by sfe187
    So f-you to FU (Firearm Unlimited)?
    Firearms Unknown. They bought their third shop in the old Hirams Guns and Liquor building.
    It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

    Comment

    • #17
      SilveradoColt21
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2021
      • 2440

      It seems that most of those guys have opinions which they believe to be facts more often than not
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        GunnEnvy
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2016
        • 593

        I'm applying for mine right now and the atf charged my card for the $30 transaction fee. Sounds like FUD!


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #19
          Nardo1895
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2016
          • 965

          Originally posted by Dkeshish
          I find this so offensive. It's not a matter of misinformation or making stuff up. It's a very simple hey FFL03s are useless send us all the C&R firearms don't buy any ammo online. This tactic is strictly to make money by trying to trick a customer. Terrible thanks for spreading the word on this place.
          I had a C&R license for about 10 years before getting an 01. I spent a lot of time talking to local gun shops about C&R regs. I never found a shop that really understood them. In my experience, the brick and mortar stores did so little business with C&R holders it just wasn't worth their time to become experts in what the C&R laws allow. I don't think there was greed or malice involved, it just wasn't worth their time to know the C&R rules the way a C&R holder did. During the time I had a C&R I maybe bought 2 or 3 C&R firearms from a brick and mortar store. I did use my C&R a lot out of state, and I finally found a home based FFL who had the time to let me explain the C&R rules. He got all of my internet C&R business.

          His pending retirement was what motivated me to get an 01. I try and specialize in helping with C&R transfers, but even so I bet less than 5% of my business is with C&R holders.

          Comment

          • #20
            SVT-40
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2008
            • 12907

            Originally posted by Nardo1895
            I had a C&R license for about 10 years before getting an 01. I spent a lot of time talking to local gun shops about C&R regs. I never found a shop that really understood them. In my experience, the brick and mortar stores did so little business with C&R holders it just wasn't worth their time to become experts in what the C&R laws allow. I don't think there was greed or malice involved, it just wasn't worth their time to know the C&R rules the way a C&R holder did. During the time I had a C&R I maybe bought 2 or 3 C&R firearms from a brick and mortar store. I did use my C&R a lot out of state, and I finally found a home based FFL who had the time to let me explain the C&R rules. He got all of my internet C&R business.

            His pending retirement was what motivated me to get an 01. I try and specialize in helping with C&R transfers, but even so I bet less than 5% of my business is with C&R holders.
            Thanks!
            Poke'm with a stick!


            Originally posted by fiddletown
            What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

            Comment

            • #21
              SkyHawk
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2012
              • 23531

              Originally posted by Nardo1895
              I had a C&R license for about 10 years before getting an 01. I spent a lot of time talking to local gun shops about C&R regs. I never found a shop that really understood them. In my experience, the brick and mortar stores did so little business with C&R holders it just wasn't worth their time to become experts in what the C&R laws allow.
              I was in a FFL today about 1.5 hour drive each way to do a PPT (selling). The FFL was in a very small, country town - very friendly folks. They had maybe six or seven used Browning A5 for sale, all C&R. I had a grip of money in my hand. I asked them if they do same day release to 03/COE and right away they said they do not deal with it. So the money came home with me
              Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-28-2022, 9:54 PM.
              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

              Comment

              • #22
                SilveradoColt21
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Sep 2021
                • 2440

                Originally posted by SkyHawk
                I was in a FFL today about 1.5 hour drive each way to do a PPT (selling). The FFL was in a very small, country town - very friendly folks. They had maybe six or seven used Browning A5 for sale, all C&R. I had a grip of money in my hand. I asked them if they do same day release to 03/COE and right away they said they do not deal with it. So the money came home with me
                That sucks that they are not willing to deal with it or understand how the C&R laws work, makes them miss out on possible customers and money.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  Achelous
                  Member
                  • Dec 2021
                  • 112

                  Originally posted by SkyHawk
                  I was in a FFL today about 1.5 hour drive each way to do a PPT (selling). The FFL was in a very small, country town - very friendly folks. They had maybe six or seven used Browning A5 for sale, all C&R. I had a grip of money in my hand. I asked them if they do same day release to 03/COE and right away they said they do not deal with it. So the money came home with me
                  Too bad, definitely the Dealer's loss, but also frustrating for you. When I had my 03/COE, I dealt with a LGS who understood 03/COE regulations and benefited tremendously from it. Many do not.
                  Unfortunately, he has gone out of business. 03/COE holders seem to draw skepticism from many Dealers. I've seen the same thing at out-of-state gunshows.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    GunnEnvy
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2016
                    • 593

                    Originally posted by GunnEnvy
                    I'm applying for mine right now and the atf charged my card for the $30 transaction fee. Sounds like FUD!


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    I now have my ffl03 as of 2/8. I submitted my application for COE yesterday so now gotta wait a few months.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      rromeo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 6981

                      Originally posted by SilveradoColt21
                      That sucks that they are not willing to deal with it or understand how the C&R laws work, makes them miss out on possible customers and money.
                      Some of them don't even understand how an 01 or 02 FFL works. I've seen one pawn shop that sets up at gun shows, and they often have some decent guns for sale. I asked one time if they would transfer to my 03 FFL. The owner told me that since the particular gun I was looking at came in as a trade at the gun show, they didn't have to do any paperwork on it if it was resold at the same show.
                      Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                      - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                      (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        GunnEnvy
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2016
                        • 593

                        Originally posted by Dkeshish
                        Coe is pretty quick lately. As long as everything is in line it won't take months. Maybe 2 weeks. My suggestion is check the site often to make sure you are not in pending or missing docs status..

                        Good to know. I'll keep an eye on my application progress in Cfars.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          pklin1297
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 3287

                          Just got my 03FFL (Renewal) two weeks ago after renewing not too long ago. Just waiting to renew COE now. Being able to get ammo shipped directly to me is a big perk I won’t let go.
                          NRA Member, CAPRC Member

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            SilveradoColt21
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Sep 2021
                            • 2440

                            Originally posted by rromeo
                            Some of them don't even understand how an 01 or 02 FFL works. I've seen one pawn shop that sets up at gun shows, and they often have some decent guns for sale. I asked one time if they would transfer to my 03 FFL. The owner told me that since the particular gun I was looking at came in as a trade at the gun show, they didn't have to do any paperwork on it if it was resold at the same show.
                            This is precisely the reason why I get a second and heck even a third opinion in order to make sure that I get the right information myself.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1