Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Any 03 FFL-COE friendly FFLs in the Norwalk area?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Calgunner2017
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2016
    • 639

    Any 03 FFL-COE friendly FFLs in the Norwalk area?

    I need to do a PPT of a handgun in the Norwalk area. Now, I just bought a handgun from someone else, so that would ordinarily make me wait 30 days before I commence another PPT. However, I have a Federal Curio and Relic FFL license (Class 03) and a California Certificate of Eligibility, so I should be able to undergo a second PPT without delay. Unfortunately, most FFLs, in my experience, do not honor this exemption. Can any FFLs step up and help me out? Thanks.
  • #2
    ugimports
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Jun 2009
    • 6251

    Originally posted by Calgunner2017
    I need to do a PPT of a handgun in the Norwalk area. Now, I just bought a handgun from someone else, so that would ordinarily make me wait 30 days before I commence another PPT. However, I have a Federal Curio and Relic FFL license (Class 03) and a California Certificate of Eligibility, so I should be able to undergo a second PPT without delay. Unfortunately, most FFLs, in my experience, do not honor this exemption. Can any FFLs step up and help me out? Thanks.
    Confused. PPTs are already 1in30 exempt without an FFL03 and COE. I thought only LA City? Was more strict on that.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
    Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
    web​ / email / vendor forum

    I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

    Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

    Comment

    • #3
      Calgunner2017
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2016
      • 639

      Originally posted by ugimports
      Confused. PPTs are already 1in30 exempt without an FFL03 and COE. I thought only LA City? Was more strict on that.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      OK, so 1 in 30 only applies to retail sales, and not PPTs??? If so, YEAH!

      Comment

      • #4
        Frasier19
        • Jul 2018
        • 22

        I just completed a PPT purchase within less than 30 days of a retail purchase with no issues. 30-day restriction is marked N/A on the PPT paperwork. I am not in LA either.

        Comment

        • #5
          CalifEd
          Member
          • Mar 2019
          • 210

          As already mentioned, PPT transactions do not have the 1 in 30 and on-roster restrictions.
          The 1 in 30 applies to all handguns now. Starting in July 2021, centerfire long guns will be added to the 1 in 30 restriction.
          If you have a FFL03 and COE then the 1 in 30 is exempted.
          If you have a FFL03 and COE you are exempt from the 10 day wait for C&R qualified firearms.
          You still have jail time for modern firearms regardless of PPT or FFL transaction,

          Starting in July 2021 the 1 in 30 will apply to centerfire long guns. Rimfire guns are not included.
          Don't quote this as gospel and it is not from the official paragraph but the rule reads "Prohibits individuals from making applications to purchase more than one handgun or semiautomatic centerfire rifle within a 30 day period".
          To me it means not 2 clocks, one for a pistol, one for a long gun but just one for any firearm. You can have a candy bar ora piece of pie.
          Last edited by CalifEd; 09-18-2020, 9:09 AM. Reason: additional comment made

          Comment

          • #6
            unclerandy
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 1092

            Originally posted by CalifEd
            The 1 in 30 applies to all handguns now. Starting in July 2021, rifles will be added to the 1 in 30 restriction.
            If you have a FFL03 and COE then the 1 in 30 is exempted.
            If you have a FFL03 and COE you are exempt from the 10 day wait for C&R qualified firearms. You still have jail time for modern firearms.

            Starting in July 2021 the 1 in 30 will apply to long guns.
            Don't quote this as gospel and it is not from the official paragraph but the rule reads "Prohibits individuals from making applications to purchase more than one handgun or semiautomatic centerfire rifle within a 30 day period".
            To me it means not 2 clocks, one for a pistol, one for a long gun but just one for any firearm. You can have a candy bar ora piece of pie.
            1 in 30 on handguns does not apply to PPT's

            Comment

            • #7
              CalifEd
              Member
              • Mar 2019
              • 210

              That is correct, PPT are exempt from this rule and are not counted if you wanted to buy another gun from a retail FFL.

              Not sure about LA city restrictions.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1