Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LE off roster

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    kemasa
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2005
    • 10706

    Originally posted by RickD427
    What about the state? The LEO exemption isn't based in federal law. It's based in state law.



    Please note the language within 18 USC 701 doesn't restrict the "regulations adopted pursuant to law" only to those adopted pursuant to federal law.
    Federal law says no copying federal IDs. The state can't bypass that.
    Kemasa.
    False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

    Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

    Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

    Comment

    • #17
      RickD427
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2007
      • 9276

      Originally posted by kemasa
      Federal law says no copying federal IDs. The state can't bypass that.
      Nope. You've mis-stated the federal law. The federal law says no copying of federal ID unless permitted by regulations adopted pursuant to law (and not restricted to federal law). Please see Post #13 for an exact quote of what the federal law is.

      The state can adopt the needed regs to comply with the federal law. They're not bypassing nothing.
      If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

      Comment

      • #18
        taperxz
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2010
        • 19395

        Originally posted by RickD427
        Nope. You've mis-stated the federal law. The federal law says no copying of federal ID unless permitted by regulations adopted pursuant to law (and not restricted to federal law). Please see Post #13 for an exact quote of what the federal law is.

        The state can adopt the needed regs to comply with the federal law. They're not bypassing nothing.
        Regardless of your opinion of the law, CAL DOJ BOF instructs us to not copy them but to write down the information on the Fed ID and retain it with DROS paperwork and if possible, a business card.

        Comment

        • #19
          RickD427
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2007
          • 9276

          Originally posted by taperxz
          Regardless of your opinion of the law, CAL DOJ BOF instructs us to not copy them but to write down the information on the Fed ID and retain it with DROS paperwork and if possible, a business card.
          Copy that. Also please note from my initial posting on the subject that I'm not familiar with California's FFL regs and that I have not asserted that there is a California reg permitting the copying of a federal ID. I was merely pointing out that it is incorrect to make a blanket statement that the law prohibits the copying of a federal ID.
          If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.

          Comment

          • #20
            taperxz
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2010
            • 19395

            Originally posted by RickD427
            Copy that. Also please note from my initial posting on the subject that I'm not familiar with California's FFL regs and that I have not asserted that there is a California reg permitting the copying of a federal ID. I was merely pointing out that it is incorrect to make a blanket statement that the law prohibits the copying of a federal ID.

            Comment

            • #21
              kemasa
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2005
              • 10706

              Originally posted by RickD427
              Copy that. Also please note from my initial posting on the subject that I'm not familiar with California's FFL regs and that I have not asserted that there is a California reg permitting the copying of a federal ID. I was merely pointing out that it is incorrect to make a blanket statement that the law prohibits the copying of a federal ID.
              The discussion is with respect to firearm transfers.
              Kemasa.
              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

              Comment

              • #22
                acespawnshop
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jun 2012
                • 2852

                Originally posted by taperxz
                ........the only copy of any document that I can remember of right now is a copy being retained for a visa holder which is their required hunting license for 4473/Fed requirements
                Interesting. We've done a couple of those over the years and we only documented it on 18c of the 4473 and we write CA hunting license, with the valid dates and their GO ID number in there. Its passed the mustard on all my ATF inspections. We've never kept a photocopy for ATF for anything.
                Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
                Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
                Or call 626-968-5900

                Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

                Comment

                • #23
                  kemasa
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 10706

                  Originally posted by acespawnshop
                  Interesting. We've done a couple of those over the years and we only documented it on 18c of the 4473 and we write CA hunting license, with the valid dates and their GO ID number in there. Its passed the mustard on all my ATF inspections. We've never kept a photocopy for ATF for anything.
                  There is no requirement by the BATF to keep a copy of anything, just write it down. That isn't to say an IOI will say otherwise, but if you ask for the regulation, ...
                  Kemasa.
                  False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                  Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                  Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    taperxz
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 19395

                    Originally posted by kemasa
                    There is no requirement by the BATF to keep a copy of anything, just write it down. That isn't to say an IOI will say otherwise, but if you ask for the regulation, ...
                    I was asked to staple a copy of it.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      kemasa
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 10706

                      Originally posted by taperxz
                      I was asked to staple a copy of it.
                      I was told to turn in all my records because I moved and the FFL number changed. It was bogus as the person at the out of business records said.

                      Saying it is one thing, backing it up with the actual requirements in writing is quite another.
                      Kemasa.
                      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        taperxz
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 19395

                        Originally posted by kemasa
                        I was told to turn in all my records because I moved and the FFL number changed. It was bogus as the person at the out of business records said.

                        Saying it is one thing, backing it up with the actual requirements in writing is quite another.
                        Me copying it isn’t a big deal. The state wants it too. The State actually calls you to give them the details of what state, number on license and expiration. So, I keep a copy

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1