Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Information regarding consigning firearms.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveAmmunition
    Banned
    • Jan 2019
    • 25

    Information regarding consigning firearms.

    Hi.

    If possible, would anyone help me out regarding consigning firearms in terms of information?

    If I wanted to take my firearm into a LGS to put it in consignment, is there any precautions I should look for? Any paperwork I need to take or should be given to me by the LGS?

    Do I set the price or does the LGS?

    If the firearm is new, and I take it in for consignment, has there been cases where the LGS takes it out for shooting? (if this happens often, is there a way to prevent it or does this never happen?)

    Do I need to check on the firearm often or even clean it/prevent rust from storage or anything?

    I found a LGS that says they take 10%, is that really all they take, or will there always be some hidden fees or taxes?

    I understand I may be asking stupid questions or being paranoid, but I have never thought of consigning a firearm, let alone consign anything.

    I couldn't find much information on the web or forums to just lay it out in layman's terms.
  • #2
    weaselfire
    Member
    • Jun 2014
    • 118

    You've never thought of consigning a firearm but you have this many questions? There are two things here. First, only the FFL you are consigning with can answer most of these questions. Second, if you're this paranoid, why would you trust your gun to anyone?

    Most places will get 15-25% of the sale. You can tell them your price but they may pass on it if it can't sell for what you want. You'll get a contract to sign. Beyond that, check multiple dealers and choose who you want.

    Jeff

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      LiveAmmunition
      Banned
      • Jan 2019
      • 25

      Ok thanks for the info.

      Comment

      • #4
        ugimports
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Jun 2009
        • 6251

        Read the consignment contract. WHen we did it we asked for a asking price and lowest price so we had a range to try and sell it for. The contract should have their % cut. The buyer will have to pay sales tax and DROS and the dealer will take their cut before paying you out. This would likely happen after the buyer picked it up to ensure they don't get denied.

        As for will the FFL shoot it? You can ask them, but even if they were that shady they would probably say No.. you can put a zip tie through the barrel but they could always put that back on after they shot it... no real way to stop that.
        UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
        Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
        web​ / email / vendor forum

        I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

        Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

        Comment

        • #5
          LiveAmmunition
          Banned
          • Jan 2019
          • 25

          Understood, thanks. I guess I will try and PPT it.

          Comment

          • #6
            acespawnshop
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jun 2012
            • 2852

            The issue would be also finding a dealer with a 2nd hand dealer license also. Most FFLs probably don't have that too.
            Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
            Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
            Or call 626-968-5900

            Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1