Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ATF Bulletin/ CA not complying with "real ID" requirements

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tyke8319
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Nov 2013
    • 2105

    ATF Bulletin/ CA not complying with "real ID" requirements

    A Sacramento Bee article says ATF has issued an advisory that CA DMV has not complied with the Federal requirements for Real ID. They advised that DMV was to have required "2" documents that "proved" residency, i.e. PG&E bill and (say) a phone bill rather than one. They are letting it slide till April 2019 at which time CA residents will have to provide the two documents.
    Ya gotta love this state...
    American soldier by choice. Made in America by the Grace of God.

    So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
    Judge Roger T. Benitez
    LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019
  • #2
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    DHS not ATF. There is not a new ATF Bulletin I am aware of.



    Last edited by SkyHawk; 12-27-2018, 10:46 AM.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #3
      acespawnshop
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jun 2012
      • 2852

      Yep this is just another example of the idiotic state we live in. They cant even do this right. Now, I'm curious about everyone who got the so called Real ID will they have to pay again to get the new Real ID and submit new documents since DMV couldn't get it right the first time. I would imagine so since DMV will say that the driver license is still valid.
      Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
      Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
      Or call 626-968-5900

      Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

      Comment

      • #4
        Tyke8319
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Nov 2013
        • 2105

        My error..
        American soldier by choice. Made in America by the Grace of God.

        So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
        Judge Roger T. Benitez
        LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019

        Comment

        • #5
          Tyke8319
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Nov 2013
          • 2105

          Originally posted by acespawnshop
          Yep this is just another example of the idiotic state we live in. They cant even do this right. Now, I'm curious about everyone who got the so called Real ID will they have to pay again to get the new Real ID and submit new documents since DMV couldn't get it right the first time. I would imagine so since DMV will say that the driver license is still valid.
          The article said that those that have the real ID are good till they renew in 5 years. Then 2 forms of proof of residency are to be submitted.
          American soldier by choice. Made in America by the Grace of God.

          So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
          Judge Roger T. Benitez
          LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019

          Comment

          • #6
            Yodaman
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 2749

            [emoji1749]*[emoji3603]

            Comment

            • #7
              acespawnshop
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jun 2012
              • 2852

              Gotcha thanks tyke. I didn’t read the article I had read one three days ago and was going off what that one said.
              Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
              Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
              Or call 626-968-5900

              Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

              Comment

              • #8
                ugimports
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Jun 2009
                • 6251

                Originally posted by Tyke8319
                The article said that those that have the real ID are good till they renew in 5 years. Then 2 forms of proof of residency are to be submitted.
                I really hope this will be able to be done online. I really don't want to have to go in again. I'll find out in 2019. My realid expires then.

                Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                web​ / email / vendor forum

                I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                Comment

                • #9
                  rdtompki
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 773

                  Originally posted by Tyke8319
                  A Sacramento Bee article says ATF has issued an advisory that CA DMV has not complied with the Federal requirements for Real ID. They advised that DMV was to have required "2" documents that "proved" residency, i.e. PG&E bill and (say) a phone bill rather than one. They are letting it slide till April 2019 at which time CA residents will have to provide the two documents.
                  Ya gotta love this state...
                  In Idaho I had to provide two utility bills, a passport (or birth certificate), and my social security card. They would not accept the social security card since it was laminated (from 30+ years ago at least). I had to return with a W2 form which includes my SSN. The reason for not accepting the laminate is that lamination makes it difficult to detect forgeries and there are a lot of those. Got to love a law abiding state.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Tyke8319
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Nov 2013
                    • 2105

                    Originally posted by rdtompki
                    In Idaho I had to provide two utility bills, a passport (or birth certificate), and my social security card. They would not accept the social security card since it was laminated (from 30+ years ago at least). I had to return with a W2 form which includes my SSN. The reason for not accepting the laminate is that lamination makes it difficult to detect forgeries and there are a lot of those. Got to love a law abiding state.
                    Good point. I've not heard of that being an issue with CA DMV. But give it time.
                    American soldier by choice. Made in America by the Grace of God.

                    So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
                    Judge Roger T. Benitez
                    LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mkasda
                      Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 192

                      Is DMV going to refer to the 2nd version as the Real Real ID and make us apply again for the renewal, lol.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        MARKFP
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2016
                        • 529

                        Originally posted by mkasda
                        Is DMV going to refer to the 2nd version as the Real Real ID and make us apply again for the renewal, lol.
                        I think DMV will come up with a "TURNERS" type policy and require "4" utility bills as proof of residency, BUT they must all have the same date on them.

                        I hope free America keeps the door open long enough for me to get the hell out of here !!!!!!
                        Oh no, not another 1911 !
                        "You can't have a good argument with an ignorant person"....My Dad

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          rdtompki
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 773

                          Originally posted by MARKFP
                          .........
                          I hope free America keeps the door open long enough for me to get the hell out of here !!!!!!
                          I'll leave the door to Idaho open, but, then, I've only been here two months so my vote doesn't count much. Seriously, housing prices are rising dramatically, but on the + side the unemployment rate in the Treasure Valley is very low.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            wilit
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 5213

                            Originally posted by Tyke8319
                            The article said that those that have the real ID are good till they renew in 5 years. Then 2 forms of proof of residency are to be submitted.
                            Which is ridiculous since one of the forms of proof is a valid vehicle registration. You're the F'ing DMV, you already have my proof of valid registration.
                            "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
                            "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
                            "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1