Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cancelled Dros. Do you loose one in 30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • heidad01
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 4902

    Cancelled Dros. Do you loose one in 30?

    May have a problem here,

    Say you go into a gun shop and a Dros is submitted for you.

    The next day or two days later, the Dros above is cancelled by FFL (for what ever reason).

    Now does the buyer loose his 1 in 30 days?

    If so, Does the buyer have to wait 30 days from the date of the original Dros or 30 days from the cancellation day?
  • #2
    NATEWA
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2012
    • 5977

    Never been in this situation or know of anyone it. My guess is the FFL would refund the $ or re DROS it for free? Curious to know.

    Comment

    • #3
      kemasa
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2005
      • 10706

      Since the law says that you can't submit more than 1 handgun DROS in 30 days and cancelling does not change the fact that it was submitted, it is quite possible that the CA DOJ would cancel the second one.
      Kemasa.
      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

      Comment

      • #4
        acespawnshop
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jun 2012
        • 2852

        +1 for what Kemasa said. Yep. It's make application. That's why we have you preview page and double check and say once we submit we can't edit the buyer info.
        Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
        Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
        Or call 626-968-5900

        Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

        Comment

        • #5
          ugimports
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Jun 2009
          • 6251

          In practice I've never seen a rejection in this scenario. I have on (sadly) multiple occasions made mistakes that I noticed after I have printed out the DROS. I canceled it and re-submitted with my corrections. I have never had that turn into a 1-30 rejection. I probably, on average, screw up once every 3 months.
          UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
          Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
          web​ / email / vendor forum

          I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

          Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

          Comment

          • #6
            heidad01
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 4902

            Thanks gents.

            That means idiot counter clerk ruined my 1 in 30 after I had to correct his entries 4 times. Arrrrrg.

            Comment

            • #7
              kemasa
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2005
              • 10706

              It might go through, but it might not and then it resets the 1 in 30. It would be nice if it was completely clear, but it isn't.
              Kemasa.
              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

              Comment

              • #8
                Sigsour7
                Member
                • Nov 2015
                • 316

                no because the gun wasn't purchased then or put in their name yet at that point.

                I had a DRO's get cancelled cause i owed the DMV a $50 ticket i had no idea about.

                The gun store has to give you a couple days(i believe 10) to correct the issue. They just run a new check, which in turn, they will charge you again.

                I went to the DMV, paid my stuff, hit the gun store with proof. They ran a new background check and passed no issues


                I would consider that a 1 in 30 days if you ask me. Only if you passed
                Last edited by Sigsour7; 01-28-2018, 9:51 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  taperxz
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 19395

                  Per DOJ, a cancelled DROS is just that and does not affect 1-30.

                  Done it a few times where the customer changed their mind on a handgun, we cancelled and started a DROS on a new one.

                  You lose the $25, pay another etc.

                  However, I’ve never done this after the DROS was approved. (After 10 days)

                  I only attempted this after calling

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SkyHawk
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 23531

                    Originally posted by Sigsour7
                    no because the gun wasn't purchased then or put in their name yet at that point.
                    ...
                    I would consider that a 1 in 30 days if you ask me. Only if you passed
                    Sadly, that is not how it works and plenty of people have found that out the hard way. The law says you may only make an application once every 30 days, it does not matter if that application results in delivery of a firearm.

                    But in this case where a DROS is cancelled by the dealer, as in your and UG Imports experience, it may the one exception that goes in the buyer's favor.

                    The problem is, if OP tries again and is rejected for 1-in-30, that resets the 30 day clock once again.
                    Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-28-2018, 9:58 AM.
                    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      OCArmory
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 1321

                      We have had this exact scenario. Customer purchases a handgun changes mind mid Dros. Wants a different handgun. We dros the new gun. In that case the don denied it for 1 in 30 violation. We tried to explain but no dice

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kemasa
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 10706

                        From what it seems is that it depends on the person at the DOJ who deals with it. Some might be reasonable, others are not, so you can't count it what is going to occur.
                        Kemasa.
                        False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                        Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                        Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ugimports
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6251

                          Originally posted by OCArmory
                          We have had this exact scenario. Customer purchases a handgun changes mind mid Dros. Wants a different handgun. We dros the new gun. In that case the don denied it for 1 in 30 violation. We tried to explain but no dice
                          I wonder if the reason mine have gone through is that they notice the 2nd DROS is for the exact same firearm and realize I'm just correcting data.

                          Could be why they let it slide in my scenario and not yours. Who knows..legally I suppose they could always deny mine as well.
                          UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                          Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                          web​ / email / vendor forum

                          I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                          Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Burbur
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 1258

                            A cancelled DROS does not impact 1 in 30

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              kemasa
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 10706

                              Originally posted by Burbur
                              A cancelled DROS does not impact 1 in 30
                              See above, it can.
                              Kemasa.
                              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1