Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Standard Capacity Mags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    XxWoodsHunterxX
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 1698

    Originally posted by cruising7388
    I'm not sure, but I think that for an FFL to make this change could put this into the category of manufacturing which would require a FFL Type 7 license. I vaguely remember this issue coming up about bullet buttons that prevented the FFL from installing a bullet button on an imported firearm without having a FFL license for manufacturing.

    Not really because all they would have to do is sell it without the magazines and then sell the 10-round mags separate. Technically that's not manufacturing. Your not building anything your just exchanging. I may be wrong but that's the way I would see it.

    Comment

    • #17
      kemasa
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2005
      • 10706

      I seriously doubt that the BATF would ever consider replacing magazines to be manufacturing.

      Bullet buttons are just replacement parts, but due to CA laws, it can not be done in CA.
      Kemasa.
      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

      Comment

      • #18
        mkasda
        Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 192

        I spoke with DOJ today, asking them about manufacturers that list a product sku.

        Basically, if none is mentioned (i.e. Glock) , then it's the pistol model, if the manufacturer mentions a sku on the roster (i.e. CZ) then DOJ will only accept an exact matching sku. The only caveat was the "P" Springfield adds to their sku for package.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1