Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

East Valley Pawn In Yucaipa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Baconator
    Bacon makes it better
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2009
    • 9547

    East Valley Pawn In Yucaipa

    Are there repercussions for an FFL overcharging for a transfer? I recently sold two guns and we went to the East Valley Pawn in Yucaipa and they charged $62 for the transfer. This was a single transfer of one pistol (because they said you can't do more than one on a form). I can deal with the awful amounts of FUD that they spew, to the point it's almost comical. But can they be reported to DOJ for overcharging? I thought the law was $35 on a face to face PPT. I know I wouldn't ever go there again but I don't think this was right.
  • #2
    Condorguns
    Still lost in the desert
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2007
    • 3302

    The correct charge should have been $45. $35 for the first gun and $10 for the second.

    As for DOJ. Yes you can call but I doubt much will come of it.
    You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
    Incoming fire has the right of way.

    Comment

    • #3
      acespawnshop
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jun 2012
      • 2852

      (1) Be in writing and contain all of the terms of the transaction, and
      (2) Be signed by the transferor and the transferee
      Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
      Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
      Or call 626-968-5900

      Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

      Comment

      • #4
        Joedel2323
        Member
        • Dec 2015
        • 145

        Yeah East Valley Pawn is horable in customer service and a young lady that help me needs to be retrained on how many guns that can go on one transaction. They ended up costing me money and I had to go else where to DROS another gun for only $35. East valley charged me $62 for one DROS and I was told I could not add another gun. They wanted me to do another DROS for $62. When I went to pick up they had a hard time finding my gun because they forgot to add an inventor number on my paperwork.

        If your in the area and need a DROS just go down the street to Yucaipa Jewelry and Loan. That place has their sh$! Together and are very friendly.

        Comment

        • #5
          WASR10
          • Aug 2011
          • 2455

          I used to use East Valley for receiving my online purchases until they almost refused receipt of a chicom sks because it had an attached bayonet. lol

          Dynamic Gun Sales up the street is a good place to go if you're doing business in Yucaipa.
          Mark 16:16

          Comment

          • #6
            Baconator
            Bacon makes it better
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2009
            • 9547

            Originally posted by WASR10
            I used to use East Valley for receiving my online purchases until they almost refused receipt of a chicom sks because it had an attached bayonet. lol

            Dynamic Gun Sales up the street is a good place to go if you're doing business in Yucaipa.
            Thanks for this recommendation. i couldn't believe all the FUD this lady was spewing and when she got called on it another guy chimed in with "Big stores can do that because they can afford the penalties." I wish there would be penalties for not knowing the laws.

            Comment

            • #7
              pacrat
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2014
              • 10285

              Check the register reciept. Did they charge the proper amount of $45 for the transfer of the two guns?

              Then tack on another amount for [2] 'Firearm Safety Device" locks and sales tax on the locks?

              Which would be legal if you didn't have a safe exemption, and/or Commyfornia Approved locks purchased withing the last 30 days.

              Comment

              • #8
                acespawnshop
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jun 2012
                • 2852

                I thought Dynamic changed owners and no longer had an FFL. Or, at least that what I heard a few months back.
                Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
                Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
                Or call 626-968-5900

                Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1