Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

International Parts Importation Laws

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bad80
    Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 189

    International Parts Importation Laws

    Hello,

    Do you need an FFL to import firearm parts such as an assembled AR upper receiver from another allied country? I would like to distribute a high quality rare brand of foreign uppers.

    I have been searching all through out the ATF website and reading the massive amount of ambiguous content. Most if it deals with just firearms and ammunition. I can't seem to find anything about parts. I know obviously the upper is not considered the registered part of the firearm making it not a firearm, but ATF has all these strange rules for importing the AK parts kits for instance.

    The ATF website's chart said just barrels for sporterized rifles/shotguns are Form 6, however Form 6 is for munitions.. Way confused here.
  • #2
    franklinarmory
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Nov 2009
    • 1892

    You may need an ITAR license. Barrels are not generally importable.
    sigpic
    www.franklinarmory.com
    info@franklinarmory.com
    ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
    Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine (DFM), and the CA7, CA11, and CA12 Rostered AR Pistols!

    Comment

    • #3
      Bad80
      Member
      • Nov 2011
      • 189

      Originally posted by franklinarmory
      You may need an ITAR license. Barrels are not generally importable.
      Okay, thanks I'll call them tomorrow morning.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1