Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buyer failed background, now I need to pick up.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • junior40er
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 3315

    Buyer failed background, now I need to pick up.

    Buyer failed background because of DMV hold. We started DROS 8 or 9 weeks ago and I found out through buyer. Bass Pro Shops never called me. I plan on picking up and giving buyer his cash back. Is it too late? What do I need to do?
    Visit my Channel "Steel On Target" on YouTube and subscribe. I post gun videos reg regularly.
  • #2
    CSACANNONEER
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2006
    • 44094

    You need to call BPS and see what their policy is. Then, you might need to educate them on what the law really is and fight with management for a while after that. Good luck. Hope it goes smoother than I think it might.
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor


    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

    sigpic
    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

    KM6WLV

    Comment

    • #3
      DEPUTYBILL
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 875

      Originally posted by junior40er
      Buyer failed background because of DMV hold. We started DROS 8 or 9 weeks ago and I found out through buyer. Bass Pro Shops never called me. I plan on picking up and giving buyer his cash back. Is it too late? What do I need to do?
      Call them at once to make sure they still have the gun in their possession.
      They should have let you know about it. Hopefully the don't want a storage fee for all this time.

      Comment

      • #4
        halifax
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4440

        Penal Code 28050
        (a) A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, in accordance with this chapter in order to comply with Section 27545.
        (b) The seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm shall deliver the firearm to the dealer who shall retain possession of that firearm.
        (c) The dealer shall then deliver the firearm to the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, if it is not prohibited, in accordance with Section 27540.
        (d) If the dealer cannot legally deliver the firearm to the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, the dealer shall forthwith, without waiting for the conclusion of the waiting period described in Sections 26815 and 27540, return the firearm to the transferor or seller or the person loaning the firearm. The dealer shall not return the firearm to the seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm when to do so would constitute a violation of Section 27500, 27505, 27515, 27520, 27525, 27530, or 27535. If the dealer cannot legally return the firearm to the transferor or seller or the person loaning the firearm, then the dealer shall forthwith deliver the firearm to the sheriff of the county or the chief of police or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county, who shall then dispose of the firearm in the manner provided by Sections 18000, 18005, and 34000.
        If they start talking about storage fees, give this to them and mention the DOJ.
        Last edited by halifax; 07-22-2015, 6:00 PM. Reason: added emphasis
        Jim


        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          SonofWWIIDI
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2011
          • 21583

          Let's see, person with crummy DMV record tries to buy a gun, most likely knowing that their DMV record is gonna get in the way. And surprise they fail BC.

          Time and travel. Charge them for time and travel. My time is valuable and if someone else takes it from me, I will be fairly compensated.
          Sorry, not sorry.
          🎺

          Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

          Comment

          • #6
            ugimports
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Jun 2009
            • 6251

            Originally posted by SonofWWIIDI
            Let's see, person with crummy DMV record tries to buy a gun, most likely knowing that their DMV record is gonna get in the way. And surprise they fail BC.

            Time and travel. Charge them for time and travel. My time is valuable and if someone else takes it from me, I will be fairly compensated.
            Many people do not know that their DMV record will prevent them from buying a gun. Logically it doesn't make any sense...

            Why should not paying for a parking ticket on time prevent you from buying a firearm? That same person if they used their CA ID likely would have passed DROS depending on the real reason the DMV hold occurred.

            You're not required to have a valid DL to purchase a firearm. Just valid ID per the requirements (CA DL, CA ID, or Military ID with orders).

            I don't disagree with asking for compensation assuming this was negotiated ahead of time. E.g., something to the effect of "If you're denied for ANY reason you will lose X dollars in this transaction and only Y dollars will be returned to you.
            UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
            Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
            web​ / email / vendor forum

            I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

            Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

            Comment

            • #7
              junior40er
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 3315

              im not going to keep money or ask for money....I will however have the guys meet me at FFL by MY house.
              Visit my Channel "Steel On Target" on YouTube and subscribe. I post gun videos reg regularly.

              Comment

              • #8
                ugimports
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Jun 2009
                • 6251

                I guess I'm confused. Why would you meet at an FFL by your house if you have to pickup the pistol from Bass Pro Shops (however far away that is from you)? Why not just give him his money back there when you pickup the gun instead of making an extra trip for yourself?
                UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                web​ / email / vendor forum

                I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                Comment

                • #9
                  lorax3
                  Super Moderator
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 4633

                  Originally posted by junior40er
                  im not going to keep money or ask for money....I will however have the guys meet me at FFL by MY house.
                  But how is the gun going to get to the FFL by your house?
                  You think you know, but you have no idea.

                  The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bodger
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2009
                    • 6016

                    Well....this is a plot twist.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      dachan
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 1973

                      Anyone know if a person's DL is suspended due to reckless driving or DUI, etc, is he/she still able to buy a firearm with a valid CA ID?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Condorguns
                        Still lost in the desert
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 3302

                        Originally posted by dachan
                        Anyone know if a person's DL is suspended due to reckless driving or DUI, etc, is he/she still able to buy a firearm with a valid CA ID?
                        Yes. The FFL has to make sure when they swipe the ID that they go back and check the drop down menu and change it from CDL to CID. It will automatically list it as a license.

                        All you need is a valid ID. now if the reason the license is suspended if from a prohibited category that will be a different issue.
                        You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
                        Incoming fire has the right of way.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          junior40er
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 3315

                          I have decided it's not my problem anymore. I drove 45 movies to dip this and this happened. Its now between him, bass pro and the state. I'm under no obligation to go pick up or refund. Thanks the advice guys but I'm not driving for this again. I have a job that keeps me busy.
                          Visit my Channel "Steel On Target" on YouTube and subscribe. I post gun videos reg regularly.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            M1NM
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 7966

                            First step when the FFL calls you explain you are no longer the owner. Ask him to call the new owner and have them straighten the problem out. An easier way would be to meet with the buyer at the FFL and put it on consignment with the proceeds going to the failed buyer. If you just take it back. Don't worry about any fees they are going to charge you. Just subtract them from money you were going to refund. Give the guy what's left of his money and a receipt for the fees. Don't forget to add for gas and labor.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SkyHawk
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 23531

                              Originally posted by junior40er
                              I have decided it's not my problem anymore. I drove 45 movies to dip this and this happened. Its now between him, bass pro and the state. I'm under no obligation to go pick up or refund. Thanks the advice guys but I'm not driving for this again. I have a job that keeps me busy.
                              Best decision right there. Don't play secretary or runaround guy for someone who cannot pass DROS, unless they are willing to pay for your time and expense. You entered into this deal in good faith and performed, it is not up to you now to shoulder the burden when the other guy failed to live up to his end of the bargain. You got the cash, you signed over the gun - that is the end of your involvement.
                              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1