Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Out of State AR Shipment for Featureless Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • code_blue
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 3461

    Out of State AR Shipment for Featureless Build

    Could you experts please clarify for me or share your personal experiences?

    I intend to order a rifle from out of state. I understand that it must be CA complaint before entering the state.

    My situation: I intend on making a featureless build. The rifle being sold has a muzzle break vs flash hider. I am purchasing the rifle without the collapsible stock and without the pistol grip i.e. omitting them from the order, however the standard mag release is installed.

    To my question. . . would the lack of flash hider, collapsible stock, and pistol grip, but installed standard mag release be sufficient for entry into CA?

    Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by code_blue; 06-19-2015, 4:00 PM.
    Classifieds:

    Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
  • #2
    ASD1
    1/2 BANNED
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2012
    • 1793

    Maybe you may be importing an in compleat AW

    just have them put a BB on it it's only $20

    or have them only ship the lower to the ffl and the other parts to you

    a lower in not a semi auto centerfire rifle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      code_blue
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2012
      • 3461

      I'll ask them if they have a CA compliant version and for the separate shipping option.

      I do need the standard mag release to run featureless so I'll see if they can include both I suppose.

      Until then please chime in if you are experienced with this. Thanks
      Classifieds:

      Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom

      Comment

      • #4
        Condorguns
        Still lost in the desert
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2007
        • 3302

        I don't think I would be comfortable with this at my shop.

        I am OK with featureless
        I am ok with BB or Rad locks

        This sounds like a prohibited rifle with the stock removed, that's not featureless its incomplete.
        You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
        Incoming fire has the right of way.

        Comment

        • #5
          kemasa
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2005
          • 10706

          If I understand correctly what you would be shipping would be a barreled action. It is not a complete firearm and it does not have any of the features which would make it a so-called a-salt weapon. That would make it legal to ship into CA and acceptable for transfer.

          It is featureless if it does not have the features.
          Kemasa.
          False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

          Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

          Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

          Comment

          • #6
            ugimports
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Jun 2009
            • 6251

            Originally posted by anbu_yoshi
            Could you experts please clarify for me or share your personal experiences?

            I intend to order a rifle from out of state. I understand that it must be CA complaint before entering the state.

            My situation: I intend on making a featureless build. The rifle being sold has a muzzle break vs flash hider. I am purchasing the rifle without the collapsible stock and without the pistol grip i.e. omitting them from the order, however the standard mag release is installed.

            To my question. . . would the lack of flash hider, collapsible stock, and pistol grip, but installed standard mag release be sufficient for entry into CA?

            Thanks a bunch.
            Sounds like it would be fine. THis is no different then folks who order AKs with the pistol grip removed and a muzzle brake on it.

            Note: It's less of an issue what "we" think as much as what your FFL is willing to accept to transfer regardless of legality.

            You do need to be sure it comes as featureless though. If they forget to omit the pistol grip and it comes on the rifle you have an assault weapon that the dealer that receives will need to dispose of at your expense.
            UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
            Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
            web​ / email / vendor forum

            I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

            Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

            Comment

            • #7
              code_blue
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2012
              • 3461

              Thanks, gents. That's how i interpreted it also, just didn't have known experiences to back it up.
              Classifieds:

              Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1