Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LOD Death

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • P5Ret
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2010
    • 6395

    LOD Death

    Sad news not much info at this time, BART PD officer killed doing a probation check in Dublin. Suspect not in custody at this time.
    Last edited by P5Ret; 01-21-2014, 4:14 PM. Reason: additional info
  • #2
    vmcdonnell
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 33

    News reporting it was another officer, friendly fire.

    Comment

    • #3
      Intimid8tor
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2007
      • 6607

      Why was a BART PD officer doing a probation check?
      Starve the beast, move to a free state.

      Bwiese: "You are making the assumption the law is reasonable/has rationale."

      Comment

      • #4
        ocibapnoy
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2014
        • 6

        SAN FRANCISCO -- A Bay Area Rapid Transit police officer was accidentally shot and killed by a partner Tuesday while conducting a probation search at a Dublin apartment complex, authorities said.

        Comment

        • #5
          P5Ret
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2010
          • 6395

          Doesn't sound like BART is talking too much. News has reported that there were 4 officers on scene and they were serving a search warrant, now not a probation search. Hopefully BART will put out some info soon.

          Comment

          • #6
            Sennasixty8
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 562

            Very sad.
            My itrader from 2012 - 2023

            https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28171038

            Comment

            • #7
              TRICKSTER
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2008
              • 12438

              More info here, I knew Tom, he was a great guy.


              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

              Comment

              • #8
                Bobby Ricigliano
                Mit Gott und Mauser
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2011
                • 17439

                Originally posted by Intimid8tor
                Why was a BART PD officer doing a probation check?
                Not sure about Nor Cal, but probation / parole compliance checks are commonly done by regular uniformed sworn LE's. Especially when the parolee / probationer lives in the patrol area. It is proactive law enforcement to have regular contact with the local hoodlums.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bobby Ricigliano
                  Mit Gott und Mauser
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 17439

                  Originally posted by TRICKSTER
                  More info here, I knew Tom, he was a great guy.
                  http://news.kron4.com/news/bart-officer-shot-in-dublin/
                  Uggh awful. My prayers to the family.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Intimid8tor
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 6607

                    Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
                    Not sure about Nor Cal, but probation / parole compliance checks are commonly done by regular uniformed sworn LE's. Especially when the parolee / probationer lives in the patrol area. It is proactive law enforcement to have regular contact with the local hoodlums.
                    BART are on the trains and in the stations so they are not what I would consider normal for this type of work. However, someone else already pointed out why.

                    Shame a man lost his life.
                    Starve the beast, move to a free state.

                    Bwiese: "You are making the assumption the law is reasonable/has rationale."

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TRICKSTER
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 12438

                      Originally posted by Intimid8tor
                      BART are on the trains and in the stations so they are not what I would consider normal for this type of work. However, someone else already pointed out why.

                      Shame a man lost his life.
                      They are a regular police department who's jurisdiction is statewide, they handle crimes that occur on BART and that includes serving search warrants on suspects residences and arrest warrants. It is completely normal. Tom was a Sgt. in the detective division, sounds like it was detectives serving the warrant.


                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        FLIGHT762
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 3072

                        Very sad to hear about this.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          1CavScout
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 3234

                          RIP to the officer. Condolences to his family.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            TRICKSTER
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 12438

                            Well the OT Adam Henry's are starting up. This is why I will never give my full support to this forum and I will never recommend it to officers that I know.


                            EDIT: Looks like the Mods deleted the posts, but it just shows the hatred of all things LEO by many here.

                            Not as bad as what was posted, but still shows were some are coming from.
                            Originally posted by VendetAR
                            If its his buddy, that fkn sucks. Im not gonna rub salt in that wound as I do have some class.

                            I also dont wish LEO dead, accountable yes, dead? No, not so much.
                            Not so much?
                            Last edited by TRICKSTER; 01-21-2014, 9:03 PM.


                            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SVT-40
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 12907

                              It is shameful....the perverted views some here have...

                              Sorry, Trickster to hear about your friend....
                              Poke'm with a stick!


                              Originally posted by fiddletown
                              What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1