Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Special drivers license

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    johnthomas
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 7001

    My daughter sold me her truck with the license plate that read, Princess1. People thought I was special when they saw the plate, lol I turned them in as soon as I could.
    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

    Comment

    • #17
      Killer Bee
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 2199

      V C Section 1808.4 Confidential Records Address of Public Officers and Employees

      DMV record address confidentiality is available to those listed in subdivision (a) and only the agency name of the officer / employee is returned on search under routine circumstances..

      IF the officer runs the DL then the driver's [or spouse's] agency affiliation may earn them a pass based on professional courtesy at officer's discretion but this information block does not prohibit the officer from performing his / her duty.
      I started out with nothing - and I still have most of it

      Comment

      • #18
        CBR_rider
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 2755

        Originally posted by knkali
        Is there a ID/ DL license out there that when a LEO runs it, it comes back to the officer with "do not detain" or no information comes up at all?

        TIA
        No.
        Originally posted by bwiese
        [BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
        Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.

        Comment

        • #19
          knkali
          Member
          • Nov 2011
          • 145

          Originally posted by Killer Bee
          V C Section 1808.4 Confidential Records Address of Public Officers and Employees

          DMV record address confidentiality is available to those listed in subdivision (a) and only the agency name of the officer / employee is returned on search under routine circumstances..

          IF the officer runs the DL then the driver's [or spouse's] agency affiliation may earn them a pass based on professional courtesy at officer's discretion but this information block does not prohibit the officer from performing his / her duty.

          I bet that is where the myth started

          Comment

          • #20
            OceanDreamer
            Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 212

            Originally posted by knkali
            I bet that is where the myth started
            Once upon a time I was a cashier at Costco (back when you had to own a business or be a city/county/state/federal employee to get a card.

            I dealt with many LEO's who would write us a check and their DL would just have their name and the name of the Agency they worked for on it (no home address).

            That is the only thing I have ever seen as far as a "special" DL. But that was 25+ years ago so things could have changed.....

            Comment

            • #21
              Zedrek
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 1812

              Originally posted by Killer Bee
              V C Section 1808.4 Confidential Records Address of Public Officers and Employees

              DMV record address confidentiality is available to those listed in subdivision (a) and only the agency name of the officer / employee is returned on search under routine circumstances..

              IF the officer runs the DL then the driver's [or spouse's] agency affiliation may earn them a pass based on professional courtesy at officer's discretion but this information block does not prohibit the officer from performing his / her duty.
              I never got a professional courtesy pass. I just had to stop speeding so much.
              sigpic10mm collector

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1