Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LEO graduation gift *advice needed*

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sig Fan 55
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 118

    LEO graduation gift *advice needed*

    sigpic
  • #2
    Press Check
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 4879

    Not a LEO, but definitely partial to Spyderco.

    Comment

    • #3
      ChrisTKHarris
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 4203

      Surefire G2 and G2X flashlights. I gave my buddy one and he uses it often on duty.

      NalpakGroup.com (pelicancases4less) has the best prices.
      Don't let the name fool you...

      Comment

      • #4
        Rm7pr
        Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 292

        ZT 0400 Scavenger. I pm'd the details.

        Comment

        • #5
          TrailerparkTrash
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 4249

          Stainless steel "Spyderco Police" model. Will last a lifetime.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

          It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

          -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

          Comment

          • #6
            Samuelx
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 1558

            I've got a Lot(!) of knives, most of them are Benchmade. I'm partial to axis locks and spine locks. Not a fan of liner locks and "meh" on frame locks (but I own a few of each too) and I prefer to have handles with high "grip coefficient". Which ZT are you looking at or how much $$ are you willing to spend?

            IMO, something like a BM 300SN or maybe a BM Ritter Griptilian would be a pretty good choice.

            300SN


            FWIW, right now I'm carrying a pair (L & R) of partially serrated BM 805 TSEKs with modified thumb studs - off duty and on (and my duty belt has additional blades as well). Every blue moon, I might rotate in a Protech TR-4, BM Adamas, Spyderco Paramilitary 2, etc...

            Comment

            • #7
              Jchung139
              Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 118

              Get a Karambit or an Emerson. I have the Emerson EDC-1 Multitool and EDC it. Very reliable... Sharp too!


              Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm
              Glock 27 9mm LWD barrel

              sigpic
              Looking for holsters, mag carriers, & tacticool gear? Check out
              Off The Grid Concepts

              Comment

              • #8
                Rm7pr
                Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 292

                Originally posted by Fortified Peasant
                I would not put his/her star# on it as it will change...
                Not in the case of the CHP. His/her badge number is most likely 20,XXX which means he's/she's the 20,XXX CHP Officer to graduate from the academy. That'll be his/her badge number for the rest of their career and won't change whether he/she promotes or not. If for whatever reason he/she doesn't make it that number will never be issued again.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sig Fan 55
                  Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 118

                  Thank you for the replies!

                  One thing I forgot to add, partially Serrated or straight blade? Is having Serrated an advantage in daily use or stick with a straight blade.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ron-Solo
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 8581

                    Retired LE here. Got a Spyderco Endura as a Christmas gift in the early 90's. I use it all the time, have never sharpened it, and it is still razor sharp. The blade is engraved with my name, rank (Sergeant at the time) and an image of my badge.

                    Should be one that can be opened with one hand. I've had to cut many seatbelts while holding doors open, keeping debris back, etc.

                    I love it.
                    LASD Retired
                    1978-2011

                    NRA Life Member
                    CRPA Life Member
                    NRA Rifle Instructor
                    NRA Shotgun Instructor
                    NRA Range Safety Officer
                    DOJ Certified Instructor

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      davedog665
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 525

                      Awesome what office are they going to?
                      Hi cap=standard capacity!!! 10rnd=reduced capacity!!!
                      "A coward dies a thousand deaths; A hero dies but one" William Shakespeare

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jeepergeo
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3507

                        I'm gonna break grade here.

                        My suggestion is to go traditional, and that would be a Buck Folding Hunter from the Buck Custom Shop. It's a little heavy, but its a real knife. You can choose the scales, the blade, the bolsters, bolster engraving, and blade engraving, and its a Buck, guaranteed for life, but your friend will be unlikely to ever need the guarantee. You can order on line, or call them, they might even have special emblems they can put on. I know they have a Boy Scout emblem they will put on for Eagle Scouts.

                        Trusted for generations. Buck knives are known for sharp edges and rugged durability. Each Buck knife is backed by our famous Forever Warranty. Shop now.


                        You won't find a better looking and functioning semi-custom knife for well under $200.
                        Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
                        Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Rm7pr
                          Member
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 292

                          Originally posted by Sig Fan 55
                          Thank you for the replies!

                          One thing I forgot to add, partially Serrated or straight blade? Is having Serrated an advantage in daily use or stick with a straight blade.
                          I buy straight blades because they're easier (for me) to sharpen but you can't go wrong with serrated either.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1