Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA confidential plates

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Miller Time
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 17

    CA confidential plates

    When you sell your vehicle, does it remove the confidental plates "tag" with DMV? I recently sold two of my cars, both had DMV registered confidentiality with my agency.

    Will DMV take off the confidental plates or do I have to send up another form to remove them?

    Thanks!
  • #2
    OGKRacing
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 182

    You should try calling the DMV. :/

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

    Comment

    • #3
      druddick
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 87

      They eventually get removed as confidential information in the DMV return... if you sold them make certain you did a release of liability.

      Comment

      • #4
        IA300
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 255

        There is a section on the confidentiality form, towards the bottom, to have plates/VIN's removed. You need to submit that to DMV. It can be done on the same form you submit for your new vehicle, if there is one. Otherwise, just send in the form with the removals.

        Comment

        • #5
          Miller Time
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 17

          10-4, thanks for the info fellas. I'll get on it then.

          Comment

          • #6
            CBR_rider
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 2755

            They automatically removed mine when I sold my last car.
            Originally posted by bwiese
            [BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
            Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.

            Comment

            • #7
              Ron-Solo
              In Memoriam
              • Jan 2009
              • 8581

              All you have to do is fill out the "release o liability" form and they will automatically remove the confidentiality from the plate. You do not need to fill out another confidentiality form to remove it, unless you are keeping the vehicle.

              On another note, when you pay off a car and have the lien holder removed from the title, the confidentiality will be removed and you have to re-submit it.
              LASD Retired
              1978-2011

              NRA Life Member
              CRPA Life Member
              NRA Rifle Instructor
              NRA Shotgun Instructor
              NRA Range Safety Officer
              DOJ Certified Instructor

              Comment

              • #8
                micro911
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 2346

                I found out that when you change th einfo on the registration, they remove the confidentiality. I had to re-apply couple of times.

                Comment

                • #9
                  p7m8jg
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 1914

                  Send in the release like everybody says. That does it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NOTARPilot
                    Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 407

                    Originally posted by Ron-Solo
                    On another note, when you pay off a car and have the lien holder removed from the title, the confidentiality will be removed and you have to re-submit it.
                    Damn...thanks for the heads up. I have two cars paid off in the last year and didn't know I had to re-submit.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TRICKSTER
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 12438

                      Originally posted by NOTARPilot
                      Damn...thanks for the heads up. I have two cars paid off in the last year and didn't know I had to re-submit.
                      I never had that problem, the confidentiality stayed on my cars after I paid them off.


                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1