Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I'm a very proud father!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SVT-40
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2008
    • 12911

    I'm a very proud father!!

    My son realized one of his lifetime goals this last week!!!! He became a commercial airline pilot!! He has been a flight instructor, then chief flight instructor for a few years after graduating from Embree Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott Az. He currently has about 2,500 hours of flight time. Ever since he was a small boy he wanted to be a airline pilot. My only regret is that his grandfather (my Dad) was not around to see this happen, as he was a fighter pilot during WWII. He passed away a year ago.

    So if at some future time you board a Express Jet flight and one of the pilots is a young blond fellow with the first name "Alan", You might be on board with him!!

    I just had to share
    Poke'm with a stick!


    Originally posted by fiddletown
    What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  • #2
    NorCalXJ
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 3992

    Congrats to him. I too as a child wanted to become a pilot. Maybe one day I can also achieve that goal.
    Terminal Lance

    Comment

    • #3
      retired
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2007
      • 9412

      Congrats to him dad!

      Comment

      • #4
        Fatgunman
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 877

        Congrats to him
        BOOO anti-gun people, HOOORAAAYY GUNS!

        Comment

        • #5
          non sequitur
          Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 362

          ATP

          My old college roommate had the same lifelong dream as your son. He was a CFI at age 23, then did a Part 135 gig at Ameriflight for many years and finally he was hired by ExpressJet. I know firsthand how hard and how long he had to work to get that first Part 121 ATP job. ExpressJet Captain upgrades are fairly fast too. My old roommate is now a First Officer for South West Airlines and he loves his job and the non-rev flight privileges too!

          Congrats to your son!
          A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

          Comment

          • #6
            micro911
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 2346

            Congratulations! I wanted to be a Marine pilot(aviator). I was waiting for the call from the Marines, but my dept called me first.

            Comment

            • #7
              Ron-Solo
              In Memoriam
              • Jan 2009
              • 8581

              Cool!
              LASD Retired
              1978-2011

              NRA Life Member
              CRPA Life Member
              NRA Rifle Instructor
              NRA Shotgun Instructor
              NRA Range Safety Officer
              DOJ Certified Instructor

              Comment

              • #8
                jonc
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2009
                • 6407

                Nice!!

                Comment

                • #9
                  CBR_rider
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 2755

                  So when does he start giving you the hookups for airfare tickets? Seriously though, good for him!
                  Originally posted by bwiese
                  [BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
                  Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Doheny
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 13820

                    Very cool!

                    That's a very tough and reputable school.
                    Sent from Free America

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tripeaks69
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 942

                      Congratulations to him and you, proud Dad.. You mold him right....


                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Zedrek
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 1812

                        Wow, congratulations to you and your son. Aviation was something that I have always wanted to get into. One of these days!
                        sigpic10mm collector

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SVT-40
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 12911

                          Originally posted by non sequitur
                          My old college roommate had the same lifelong dream as your son. He was a CFI at age 23, then did a Part 135 gig at Ameriflight for many years and finally he was hired by ExpressJet. I know firsthand how hard and how long he had to work to get that first Part 121 ATP job. ExpressJet Captain upgrades are fairly fast too. My old roommate is now a First Officer for South West Airlines and he loves his job and the non-rev flight privileges too!

                          Congrats to your son!
                          Yup, he has certainly worked hard and earned his place. In fact one of his CFI students (who is from Denmark, and came to Arizona each year for the past few years just to fly with him) paid for his ATP exam last month. One cannot quantify or express the pride a parent has for these type of acknowledgements.

                          Tonight we were sitting around commiserating about the perspectives one achieves while in the "FTO" role. Him as a flight instructor, and me as a FTO.....Just real cool, when talking about this stuff with your kid.

                          He said he is looking forward to being the "sponge" for awhile while learning the capabilities of his new airframe. He will be flying the ERJ at Express Jet.

                          As a parent I have always striven for him to exceed any limitations, and grow beyond any limitations, just as my parents did with me.

                          He has certainly done that.

                          Originally posted by CBR_rider
                          So when does he start giving you the hookups for airfare tickets? Seriously though, good for him!
                          Actually I had not even considered those perks until tonight...... My wife (his step mom) and I took my son out to dinner to celebrate tonight, and while at dinner we ran into one of the guys who was involved with his hiring at Express Jet......Needless to say I bought the fellow a beer or two .... So after he is a full fledged EJ pilot I hope to take full advantage of those benefits!!!!

                          Originally posted by Tripeaks69
                          Congratulations to him and you, proud Dad.. You mold him right....
                          I am a very proud dad.....But I take no credit. "Molding" only goes so far. Yes I was very involved in his life. Trying at every turn to give him the opportunity to achieve, yet not keeping him from failure.

                          But in the end he deserves all the credit. because it's been his life and his choices.

                          Thats why I'm so proud.

                          it's just refreshing to see a nice guy achieve one of his major life goals.

                          thanks to all here who know what these milestones mean.
                          Poke'm with a stick!


                          Originally posted by fiddletown
                          What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            55chevypost
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 568

                            Nicely done!!!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Falconis
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 1688

                              awesome

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1