Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Duty belt picture thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    constable
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 749

    Damn lefties
    NEVER TAKE ANYTHING I SAY FOR LEGAL ADVICE. CONSULT AN ATTORNEY BEFORE RISKING YOUR FREEDOM... EVEN THEN IT'S YOUR FREEDOM. NOT YOUR ATTORNEY'S FREEDOM. PROCEED WITH YOUR DECISIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

    FOLKS WHO NEED THIS DISCLAIMER NEED MUCH MORE THAN THIS DISCLAIMER.

    Comment

    • #17
      IA300
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 255

      Originally posted by constable
      Damn lefties
      Aren't those the guys in their "Right" minds?

      Comment

      • #18
        1911ShooterPhil
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 1037

        Mostly the same toys...

        Originally posted by IA300
        Aren't those the guys in their "Right" minds?
        Exactly, right?



        Not a LEO, simply an armed security professional...but, we mostly got the same toys...mostly.

        Just making sure the private sector gets represented. --1911ShooterPhil
        "A gun is a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane (1953)

        Comment

        • #19
          RDT72
          Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 318

          Leather is better, the fake basketweave stuff works too, we used to spray paint the fake stuff with black paint for ceremonies. Made it nice and shiney.
          Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

          Looking for:

          Smarty J-06, S-06, 30-30 Lever Gun

          Comment

          • #20
            Flipdude
            Member
            • Mar 2012
            • 133

            Would duty belt suspenders help save back problems due to overloaded duty belts? Are they allowed in most agencies?

            Comment

            • #21
              CBR_rider
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 2755

              Suspenders or a load bearing vest WOULD actually help lower back problems (as experience and almost any doc will tell you) but I don't know how many agencies authorize them. Mine doesn't without a medical issue or if a load bearing vest is part of your uniform as a special unit.
              Originally posted by bwiese
              [BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
              Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.

              Comment

              • #22
                rolncode3
                Member
                • Feb 2012
                • 132

                Who makes the suspenders in the picture above?

                I wear the suspenders that go underneath the shirt and are basically invisible. They are:

                1) Awesome
                2) Expensive
                3) Of questionable durability (the parts that attach to the belt are beginning to bend after about 1 year)

                Our chief approved load bearing vests for patrol. He wants us to go through The Vest Man down in LA. As soon as I get it all worked up, I'll be making the prototype purchase and then we'll polish up the policy. Mine will be mostly MOLLE just because we don't know where everything should go. I expect most purchases to be sewn-on pouches in a permanent location, so it looks less military.

                Comment

                • #23
                  CBR_rider
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 2755

                  Originally posted by rolncode3
                  Our chief approved load bearing vests for patrol. He wants us to go through The Vest Man down in LA. As soon as I get it all worked up, I'll be making the prototype purchase and then we'll polish up the policy. Mine will be mostly MOLLE just because we don't know where everything should go. I expect most purchases to be sewn-on pouches in a permanent location, so it looks less military.
                  I'm jealous. The excuse from our brass is essentially that anything other than the stereotypical police uniform is too "unapproachable" for the public. I could care less that it's more "tactical," I just want to save my back!
                  Originally posted by bwiese
                  [BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
                  Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Sacmedic
                    Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 200

                    Just placed an order with the Vest Man. Great people to work with.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Flipdude
                      Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 133

                      Originally posted by rolncode3
                      Who makes the suspenders in the picture above?

                      I wear the suspenders that go underneath the shirt and are basically invisible. They are:

                      1) Awesome
                      2) Expensive
                      3) Of questionable durability (the parts that attach to the belt are beginning to bend after about 1 year)

                      Our chief approved load bearing vests for patrol. He wants us to go through The Vest Man down in LA. As soon as I get it all worked up, I'll be making the prototype purchase and then we'll polish up the policy. Mine will be mostly MOLLE just because we don't know where everything should go. I expect most purchases to be sewn-on pouches in a permanent location, so it looks less military.
                      I believe it's by Tactical Tailor. So if your agency doesn't approve of suspenders, would those back support vest be approved to be worn underneath the uniform? I am on an eligibility list for SDSO and just curious to see what most agencies prefer. I've heard of an officer that had to go on medical leave due to back problems from wearing overloaded duty belts.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        desertexplore
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 4221

                        Please explain the philosophy of use behind the two flashlights.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rolncode3
                          Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 132

                          Originally posted by desertexplore
                          Please explain the philosophy of use behind the two flashlights.
                          My philosophy.

                          2 is 1, 1 is none.
                          Can't walk around pointing your gun all over the place to use your flashlight. When you do have your gun out, weaponlight frees up your other hand, and illuminates what you're targeting.

                          I also have more flashlights in my equipment bags and on my person (small led to signal helos, low power for working on paperwork on hood of vehicles, etc).

                          (ETA: Well I just saw one belt has two handheld flashlights....so I guess that's who you were asking. I'll just leave this anyways)

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            desertexplore
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 4221

                            ^^^ It's all good brother, I'm a big flashlight geek myself.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              UNLTD1487
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 845

                              I was wondering why he would have 2 flashlights that takes up the precious belt space. To each their own.

                              BTW, where do you guys put your mace/over spray? 1 o 'clock, 2?
                              "Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                UNLTD1487
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2011
                                • 845

                                oc spray* (auto fill in)
                                "Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1