Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LEO????? dating my sister

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TeddyBallgame
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2012
    • 5732

    LEO????? dating my sister

    my older sister, 61, lost her husband about 4 years ago...last year, she started dating a guy who claims he is a retired former LEO...I think he is 63 or 64, they go out a lot, but, some of the people in my family are having some doubts to his claim of being a retired LEO

    me, personally, I'm more of a MYOB kind of guy, but, this is my sister too...maybe he is telling the truth, or, maybe he embellished his resume a bit in order to impress her...either way, as long as they get along and are happy he would never hear anything from me...I do wonder if he got in too deep and now he has to live with it lol

    anyway, my other middle sister is always bringing it up with me...she is much closer to my older sister, live a few blocks away from each other, and, she has her doubts...she keeps asking me stuff about it, but, I can't offer much of a solution

    so, i have a question...I know it is imperative for you guys to keep your private lives as guarded as possible, but, is there anyway to find out if this guy was ever in LE? I've had him over a few times, and, when showing him some of my guns, I wasn't too convinced by the way he handled them...PEW PEW PEW...lol...he said he worked out of Newton Division and did a lot of undercover work...he's never offered to show me any kind of ID, even if it's stamped "RETIRED" or anything...he does wear a LAPD cap all the time
    sigpic
  • #2
    P5Ret
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2010
    • 6397

    There is no requirement that I am aware of that requires someone to carry ID after they have retired. Other than having a concealed weapon of course. If someone were to embellish their resume so to speak, I could think of a lot of different professions to say I was a member of. Who knows there are some people who for some reason or another like to say they were in le.

    Comment

    • #3
      dougtoni
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 634

      Why dont you ask him some questions about it. Ask him some penal code questions, 10 code questions. What kind of under cover work did he do? Ask him PC questions about that. Or just staight out ask him to see his id, badge or old pics of him on the job. Or you could just leave it alone since your sister is happy.
      Aim small, Hit small
      I view the world over my Front Sight.
      Grandfather, please make me fast and accurate...
      Guns dont kill people, Dads with pretty Daughters kill people.

      Comment

      • #4
        vgourdik
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 836

        Having vast knowledge of firearms is not usually a factor in being able to discern if someone is a police officer or not. Alot of Officers are terrible shots, and dont know jack _ _ _ _ about guns.

        Its your sister just ask to see proof. if he says pound sand tell him to - Off

        Comment

        • #5
          55chevypost
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2012
          • 568

          whats his name?

          Comment

          • #6
            003
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 3436

            Ask him if he carries under LEOSA/HR 218. No more and no less. While there may be a cop somewhere that does not know what LEOSA is, they are few and far between. If he says yes, ask him where he does his annual qualification.

            Also, if he uses the term perp, or that he was on the force, or precincts, he was most definitely not west coast LE.
            Last edited by 003; 02-27-2013, 7:12 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              Notorious
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 4703

              Originally posted by dougtoni
              Why dont you ask him some questions about it. Ask him some penal code questions, 10 code questions. What kind of under cover work did he do? Ask him PC questions about that. Or just staight out ask him to see his id, badge or old pics of him on the job. Or you could just leave it alone since your sister is happy.
              If he starts talking about 10 codes, he is definitely not LAPD.

              Ask him if he had any 1.25's.

              Or... ask for his rank. See if he tells you he was a detective lieutenant out of Robbery Homicide MCU, or if he ever made the rank of major or colonel or corporal. How many sash marks did he wear. What # was on the Newton cars that denotes Newton? There are tons of questions you can ask.

              Originally posted by 003
              Also, if he uses the term perp, or that he was on the force, or precincts, he was most definitely not west coast LE.
              I say "perp", but not too often. "On the force", "Inspector", or "Precinct", definitely not SoCal. I think San Fran still has them though.
              I like guns

              Comment

              • #8
                CBR_rider
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 2754

                I use the terms "on the force" and "perp" now and again... Guess I don't work on the left coast?

                If you want to know more, I would do as others have said and ask to see something like his badge, pictures, etc.
                Originally posted by bwiese
                [BTW, I have no problem seeing DEA Agents and drug cops hanging from ropes, but that's a separate political issue.]
                Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.

                Comment

                • #9
                  RedVines
                  Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 463

                  The only term SF uses is inspector because that's an actual rank. I cringe whenever I hear "Perp" or "on the force". Sounds like a bad TV show.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Armed24-7
                    Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 268

                    Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
                    my older sister, 61, lost her husband about 4 years ago...last year, she started dating a guy who claims he is a retired former LEO...I think he is 63 or 64, they go out a lot, but, some of the people in my family are having some doubts to his claim of being a retired LEO

                    me, personally, I'm more of a MYOB kind of guy, but, this is my sister too...maybe he is telling the truth, or, maybe he embellished his resume a bit in order to impress her...either way, as long as they get along and are happy he would never hear anything from me...I do wonder if he got in too deep and now he has to live with it lol

                    anyway, my other middle sister is always bringing it up with me...she is much closer to my older sister, live a few blocks away from each other, and, she has her doubts...she keeps asking me stuff about it, but, I can't offer much of a solution

                    so, i have a question...I know it is imperative for you guys to keep your private lives as guarded as possible, but, is there anyway to find out if this guy was ever in LE? I've had him over a few times, and, when showing him some of my guns, I wasn't too convinced by the way he handled them...PEW PEW PEW...lol...he said he worked out of Newton Division and did a lot of undercover work...he's never offered to show me any kind of ID, even if it's stamped "RETIRED" or anything...he does wear a LAPD cap all the time

                    He should have "LAPD Retired" badge or ID. just ask if you can see his retirement badge. If he wears a LAPD bb cap in public, it would make me suspicious. Experienced LEO's dont normallt advertise like that. Try googling his name (first and last) and add "lapd newton" onto it. You never know what you might find.

                    "If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Xingu
                      Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 279

                      Originally posted by Armed24-7
                      He should have "LAPD Retired" badge or ID. just ask if you can see his retirement badge. If he wears a LAPD bb cap in public, it would make me suspicious. Experienced LEO's dont normallt advertise like that. Try googling his name (first and last) and add "lapd newton" onto it. You never know what you might find.

                      A ton of LA retired advertise. They are flying the KMA plate frames and bangers are following them home.
                      Originally posted by Frosty
                      If anything I'll be selling my time, resin, and access to a very specifically shaped cavity.

                      Originally posted by ExAcHog
                      I have read that...Serioulsy....check it out online.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        eviioiive
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 1620

                        just ask to see some pictures from back in the day
                        Originally posted by Kestryll
                        Your name has been publicly printed in newspapers and on the web, your expectation of privacy is flat gone.
                        Originally posted by CALGUNS.NET
                        You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Notorious
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 4703

                          Originally posted by RedVines
                          The only term SF uses is inspector because that's an actual rank. I cringe whenever I hear "Perp" or "on the force". Sounds like a bad TV show.
                          I know. Dirty Harry was an inspector. There are also inspectors in NYPD who are like commanders or something. Pretty high rank there.

                          Whenever I hear someone ask me, "What precinct are you with?", it makes me cringe... especially when they follow up with a name of a city, like each precinct covers a whole city... San Bernardino is a precinct of LAPD to some, apparently.

                          Originally posted by Xingu
                          A ton of LA retired advertise. They are flying the KMA plate frames and bangers are following them home.
                          Does this guy have a KMA plate? Also, which LAPD hat is he wearing? Take a pic and someone here will be able to identify it as genuine or a swap meet special.
                          I like guns

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            fourXfour
                            Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 391

                            Originally posted by 003
                            Ask him if he carries under LEOSA/HR 218. No more and no less. While there may be a cop somewhere that does not know what LEOSA is, they are few and far between. If he says yes, ask him where he does his annual qualification.

                            Also, if he uses the term perp, or that he was on the force, or precincts, he was most definitely not west coast LE.
                            Our retirees are clueless about LEOSA. Half our sworn are clueless. Just call the PD. if he is not, they will be very interested in him.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Notorious
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 2008
                              • 4703

                              Heck, most admin and rank and file are clueless about LEOSA other than what it says on the back of their ID. They don't know and they don't care, until it matters to them.
                              I like guns

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1