Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Requal My Retired CCW

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gundog5150
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 18

    Requal My Retired CCW

    Hi guys I am new to Calguns. this is my first post. I am retired from San Mateo Co. and live in Placer Co. My retired CCW is due to expire. I am driving down to SM Co. to requal on the range. I asked Placer Co. if they would let me requal and they said no and to go to my old agency. What do you guys living in NoCal do and your old agency is a long distance away?
  • #2
    IA300
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 255

    The law is written that any agency can qual you, with their qual, if they will let you. You only have to have a certified RM sign off on the qual. Your agency should be able to email/fax you the required forms for the qualifying agency to fill out. We do it all the time for our retirees.
    I would shop around and find another agency that will let you qual there. There should be another agency relatively local to you. Also, it may help to have your head RM call the RM's at the agency you wish to qual. May grease the wheels a bit.

    Comment

    • #3
      gundog5150
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 18

      Thanks IA300, I'll look into that.

      Comment

      • #4
        rolncode3
        Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 132

        If you need help finding an agency in the Sac area I might be able to help. I dunno if our Chief would agree to qual you, but I know at least 1 other person that runs quals/training for different agencies and might be able to hook you up.

        Comment

        • #5
          Ron-Solo
          In Memoriam
          • Jan 2009
          • 8581

          Departmental required qualification for state CCW and the annual LEOSA qualification are two different things. LEOSA allows you to qual just about anywhere, but some departments require otherwise.

          My department CCW is valid for five years, but I have to re-qual annually for LEOSA.
          LASD Retired
          1978-2011

          NRA Life Member
          CRPA Life Member
          NRA Rifle Instructor
          NRA Shotgun Instructor
          NRA Range Safety Officer
          DOJ Certified Instructor

          Comment

          • #6
            HoMa506
            Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 155

            I don't know for sure but maybe the thing with Placer Co. is it doesn't have a dedicated Range Staff. If you do find a range a closer to you and is willing to run you through a Qual ask what the course of fire is and what is equipment is needed.

            For the LEOSA qualification our department requires you to shoot whatever the current duty qualification is. So remember to bring a belt, a holster (you wouldn't believe how many show up with the gun in just a box or gun case) 2 speed loaders or magazines. Might benefit also to bring something other than a 5 shot 2" .38 Special.

            8 months and counting down till I join you.

            Comment

            • #7
              gundog5150
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 18

              Retired CCW Renewal

              Thanks for the info and suggestions. I'll try Sac Co. next year. Yesterday I drove to SMCO and requaled. As for retirement, you can't beat it.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1