I just took my departments back-up/off duty revolver class yesterday and damn was it painful! 200 rounds through a s&w 642 in just a few short hours is no fun. I usually love shooting but shooting a 2" one handed after already putting 100+ through the gun made me appreciate how nicely a full size handgun handles recoil. The class was a good learning experience but I have a feeling that there were lots of people who left the class with a really bad flinch...
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
revolver class
Collapse
X
-
Were you using +P or standard loads?I just took my departments back-up/off duty revolver class yesterday and damn was it painful! 200 rounds through a s&w 642 in just a few short hours is no fun. I usually love shooting but shooting a 2" one handed after already putting 100+ through the gun made me appreciate how nicely a full size handgun handles recoil. The class was a good learning experience but I have a feeling that there were lots of people who left the class with a really bad flinch...
Imagine doing the same training with a 340 shooting .357 mag...that's practically a worker's comp action.
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,731
Posts: 25,150,903
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 10730 users online. 152 members and 10578 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment