Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Deputy Dayle Long

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Agent Orange
    Banned
    • May 2010
    • 989

    Deputy Dayle Long

    Seems he was having a bad night. Comments? Not bashing, just curious what could make a 10 year veteran go off like that.
    Stress? Booze alone?
  • #2
    yzErnie
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2007
    • 6309

    Originally posted by Agent Orange
    Seems he was having a bad night. Comments? Not bashing, just curious what could make a 10 year veteran go off like that.
    Stress? Booze alone?
    No attitude in this reply. To try and guess why he did what he did is foolish. Speculation and innuendo are bad things unless we were to hear it from his own mouth...which, we probably never will. The only thing we know for sure is he is sitting in a jail cell for murdering another man.
    The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

    Originally posted by RazoE
    I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

    Comment

    • #3
      yzErnie
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2007
      • 6309

      Originally posted by Midnightblue 72
      I wont go into to detail but the guy had a history of "Slightly Off" conduct.
      Do you personally know this guy?
      The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

      Originally posted by RazoE
      I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

      Comment

      • #4
        Samuelx
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 1558

        Originally posted by Agent Orange
        Seems he was having a bad night. Comments? Not bashing, just curious what could make a 10 year veteran go off like that.
        Stress? Booze alone?
        From what info are you basing your conclusions?

        Comment

        • #5
          BigDogatPlay
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2007
          • 7362

          Originally posted by Agent Orange
          Seems he was having a bad night. Comments? Not bashing, just curious what could make a 10 year veteran go off like that.
          Stress? Booze alone?
          Impossible to say for anyone who didn't know him personally and work with him, nor were any of us there. While it's in some respects an issue that would absolutely arouse curiosity, there really is no explaining it and I, speaking for myself, wouldn't want to try. this is what investigators, lawyers and judges get paid to sort out.

          No matter how this matter plays out, he's done. And that's that.
          -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

          Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

          Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

          Comment

          • #6
            Agent Orange
            Banned
            • May 2010
            • 989

            Thanks for the replies. I understand. A sad story regardless of the cause.

            Samuelx: I'm going off news reports. I normally wouldn't do that but there seem to have been many witnesses.

            Comment

            • #7
              Samuelx
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 1558

              Ok, I haven't heard the news so I don't know what's been said. Just read one article that basically said the off-duty officer got into a shooting at a bar during some kind of argument/altercation with another guy - no further details...

              Comment

              • #8
                oldsmoboat
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 1303

                Hadn't heard about this till now so I googled it. If the witness statements are true, it's bad for him.
                Do good recklessly

                Comment

                • #9
                  BigDogatPlay
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 7362

                  This thread comes up #3 for relevance on search engines using the deputy's name. Perhaps the thread can be closed as nothing really good can come from it.
                  -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                  Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                  Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Doheny
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 13820

                    /\ I'm not a LEO, but my wife is...

                    So far the thread hasn't gotten sideways. Frankly, I wonder how many people even caught it on the news.

                    Re: closing the thread...he doesn't get a free pass because he's a LEO. If the thread gets ugly, that's one thing. If he was just a regular CCW'er or a security guard and his name was in the OT section he'd be getting hammered and no one would be calling for the thread to be closed.

                    A bad (and sad) situation all the way around.
                    Sent from Free America

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      johnthomas
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 7001

                      Mike HilesSpecial to Valley NewsAs a way to encourage and promote literacy at the Soboba Tribal Preschool, Lenora “Ponie” Mojado recently completed a tree mural on one of the large walls of the hallway that features shelves to display books. November’s selections include books from the Triba

                      I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Falconis
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 1688

                        Originally posted by Doheny
                        /\ I'm not a LEO, but my wife is...

                        So far the thread hasn't gotten sideways. Frankly, I wonder how many people even caught it on the news.

                        Re: closing the thread...he doesn't get a free pass because he's a LEO. If the thread gets ugly, that's one thing. If he was just a regular CCW'er or a security guard and his name was in the OT section he'd be getting hammered and no one would be calling for the thread to be closed.

                        A bad (and sad) situation all the way around.
                        No offense, but the OT section doesn't have much in the way of decorum or even anything resembling self restraint or maturity over half the time I've been in there.

                        As far as the Deputy, I think most cops here realize he will be getting hammered one way or the other and think more of it as that family member you may or may not have liked that just royally screwed the pooch. Either way you don't want to talk about it till all the facts are in. Not just the rumors.

                        The other side of that coin is that not all facts are in yet and most of us know better to make judgements based on news articles alone.

                        I'll be surprised if this isn't in OT yet and if it is, I'm sure they're making comments left and right. Either way, cop or civilian, I may have my opinions, but I've learned to try and keep my mouth shut till I atleast know what I am talking about.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          masameet
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 4487

                          Originally posted by oldsmoboat
                          Hadn't heard about this till now so I googled it. If the witness statements are true, it's bad for him.
                          Bad for him?

                          "I’m a cop, I can do whatever I want to do," Long said, according to at least one witness, before he fired three times into the unarmed Vanettes.

                          One slug penetrated Vanettes' brain. Most likely it was the fatal wound. One of Vanettes' sisters was in the bar at the time of the shooting. Another sister's husband is a LEO. I'd say it's bad for them too.
                          Last edited by masameet; 12-28-2011, 12:56 PM. Reason: Fixed link
                          x

                          "Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
                          They've need to show that they can think at all;
                          Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
                          He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BigDogatPlay
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 7362

                            Originally posted by masameet
                            "," Long said, according to at least one witness, before he fired three times into the unarmed Vanettes.
                            Link 404's... and local Patch papers / sites are fast becoming the Wikipedia of news. Pretty much anyone can write a story and post it.
                            -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                            Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                            Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Papa "J"
                              Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 403

                              Originally posted by masameet
                              Bad for him?

                              "," Long said, according to at least one witness, before he fired three times into the unarmed Vanettes.

                              One slug penetrated Vanettes' brain. Most likely it was the fatal wound. One of Vanettes' sisters was in the bar at the time of the shooting. Another sister's husband is a LEO. I'd say it's bad for them too.


                              This is definately the way Dale rolled. I knew him from another website forum and met him a bunch of times. He had an issue with not being able to handle his booze consumption.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1