Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

It's all worth it

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wildog8812
    Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 164

    It's all worth it

    Finally after being out of the academy for for 16 months I got my job offer yesterday from Kern County Sheriff's Department. For all of you out there still looking for full time work, there are jobs out there if you keep looking. It is definitely well worth it in the end.
  • #2
    Ron-Solo
    In Memoriam
    • Jan 2009
    • 8581

    Congrats!
    LASD Retired
    1978-2011

    NRA Life Member
    CRPA Life Member
    NRA Rifle Instructor
    NRA Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    DOJ Certified Instructor

    Comment

    • #3
      J.S.Riesch
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 528

      Congratulations and good luck to you.
      Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

      Comment

      • #4
        BoJackUSMC
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2010
        • 7091

        Good luck to you and stay safe.
        I hope I get the call soon also from either OCSD or LASD.

        Comment

        • #5
          Falconis
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 1688

          To everyone looking, try some of the community college districts as well. Not a great place to spend an entire career due to the money, but it's a great place to start if you really are looking for a job.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ptack1
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 64

            Congrats. No one from my class has been picked up yet, its been 6 months. Its a tough market but the jobs are there. Congrats again and good luck in the next phase.

            Comment

            • #7
              Steyrlp10
              C3 Leader
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Nov 2008
              • 5341

              Originally posted by wildog8812
              Finally after being out of the academy for for 16 months I got my job offer yesterday from Kern County Sheriff's Department. For all of you out there still looking for full time work, there are jobs out there if you keep looking. It is definitely well worth it in the end.
              Congrats, stay safe
              sigpic

              If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12


              NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

              Comment

              • #8
                moparmoneyman
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1039

                congrats!!
                got hired as a reserve for pasadena pd.

                but Torrance just offered me a spot!!!
                "FOR THOSE I LOVE, I GIVE MY LIFE" -lcpl Rick Centanni 4/3/1990-3/24/2010 Helmand Province Afghanistan

                Comment

                • #9
                  Which Way Out
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 1330

                  Congrats to any and all of you that get picked up.

                  Just remember to not forget what you have learned here.

                  Be safe.
                  l
                  l___ ____
                  l/|. ,[__],
                  l---L -=OlllllllO_
                  ()_) ()_)-~--)_)
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TurboChrisB
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 5116

                    VERY cool! I'm an old guy (48) but to be starting out brand new in your career...I remember....enjoy and congrats!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Notorious
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 4703

                      Congrats and stay off the boards for your probation period!
                      I like guns

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        fmxmyway
                        Member
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 485

                        Congratulations wilddog! Its really cool to see positive success stories. A constant reminder of hard work paying off.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1