Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How not to wear the uniform

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigDogatPlay
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2007
    • 7362

    How not to wear the uniform

    Found at thechive.com... this is why people think we all eat too many doughnuts.

    Very poor public images being presented by some of our bretheren.... if it weren't so unsafe for them and those they work with it might be as funny to a LEO as I'm sure it is to non-LEOs.

    Stuff like this should be a wake up call for anyone you work with who isn't keeping themselves prepared.
    -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

    Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
  • #2
    RobG
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 4887

    There is a HUGE motors dude here in W. Sac. He's gotta go 350 and dwarfs even his full on, cop dressed Harley.

    Comment

    • #3
      winnre
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2010
      • 9214

      #17 is the definitive spare tire.
      "If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson

      Comment

      • #4
        ledman
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 2512

        Not to dog on cops, but man, these cops really let them selves go. What a shame. I really wish ALL PD would have a PT program to keep officers in shape. It is part of the job IMHO. How would any of these officers chase a perp on foot? Not very well I say. Let alone the health risks they are putting themselves at and thus costing their health plans more money.
        USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
        3rd Battalion 9th Marines
        1st Marine Division FMF
        Camp Pendelton, CA
        sigpic
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines

        Comment

        • #5
          PositiveInfluence
          Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 463

          Reserves maybe? A lot of these seem to be during special events.
          Escaped to FREE AMERICA: 09/01/2013

          Deputy Vu Nguyen #1427 EOW 12/19/07

          Comment

          • #6
            Fjold
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Oct 2005
            • 23062

            To protect and serve...................................... doughnuts.
            Frank

            One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




            Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

            Comment

            • #7
              ledman
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 2512

              Originally posted by PositiveInfluence
              Reserves maybe? A lot of these seem to be during special events.
              Yeah, I thought the same thing...but still...you have to represent...and to me personally, I would not let myself get like that expecially if I was an officer, reserve or not. I have been heavier in my life, but not anything like those folks, exercise and eating right is all they need...not a diet...just eat healthier and cut out the the junk food and processed sugar and sodas.
              Its easy to gain weight, but so much harder to lose it.
              USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
              3rd Battalion 9th Marines
              1st Marine Division FMF
              Camp Pendelton, CA
              sigpic
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines

              Comment

              • #8
                PositiveInfluence
                Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 463

                Originally posted by ledman
                Yeah, I thought the same thing...but still...you have to represent...and to me personally, I would not let myself get like that expecially if I was an officer, reserve or not. I have been heavier in my life, but not anything like those folks, exercise and eating right is all they need...not a diet...just eat healthier and cut out the the junk food and processed sugar and sodas.
                Its easy to gain weight, but so much harder to lose it.
                That is what I am working on. Trying to lose the weight to get in shape and hopefully by the time I am good to go and go to the academy the State might unf**k itself.
                Escaped to FREE AMERICA: 09/01/2013

                Deputy Vu Nguyen #1427 EOW 12/19/07

                Comment

                • #9
                  donny douchebag
                  Internet 'Tough Guy'
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 612

                  There is no "one size fit's all" in law enforcement...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ledman
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 2512

                    Originally posted by PositiveInfluence
                    That is what I am working on. Trying to lose the weight to get in shape and hopefully by the time I am good to go and go to the academy the State might unf**k itself.
                    Keep it up and you will do great! GL at the academy too!
                    USMC 0311 Rifleman 86-90
                    3rd Battalion 9th Marines
                    1st Marine Division FMF
                    Camp Pendelton, CA
                    sigpic
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion_9th_Marines

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      fullrearview
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 9371

                      Originally posted by ledman
                      Not to dog on cops, but man, these cops really let them selves go. What a shame. I really wish ALL PD would have a PT program to keep officers in shape. It is part of the job IMHO. How would any of these officers chase a perp on foot? Not very well I say. Let alone the health risks they are putting themselves at and thus costing their health plans more money.
                      I felt like these guys today! 40-45 pounds of extra gear chasing someone up some of the most trecherous terrian in CA...We got one of them though! I love my job!
                      "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        PositiveInfluence
                        Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 463

                        Originally posted by fullrearview
                        I felt like these guys today! 40-45 pounds of extra gear chasing someone up some of the most trecherous terrian in CA...We got one of them though! I love my job!
                        I am just now getting used to running in a duty belt with full gear. Damn, so much harder than it looks. Especially being a big guy!
                        Escaped to FREE AMERICA: 09/01/2013

                        Deputy Vu Nguyen #1427 EOW 12/19/07

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ilikeguns
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 782

                          Ya, my job dictates running after folks alot as well. When I train, I run in full street clothes (jeans and a sweatshirt or whatever.) Get alot of looks when running, but its a whole different game than a pair of athletic shorts and a wife-beater. Cant imagine what all that gear is like. Used to wear body armor at work and that was bad enough.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Average Joe American
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 582

                            Its embarrassing. Cops are often held to a higher standard morally...and they should be held to a higher standard health & image wise also. Not just for themselves but to be more of an asset when I need backup to run to my position. If you cant jump over a wall or sprint a block to help me out...what good are you to me?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              11Z50
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 1997

                              Bad cop, no doughnut. I never allowed myself to get so out of shape and look so gross ever, especially when I was a cop. I do see these sloths about every day and I resent, as a taxpayer, that this is allowed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1