I'm trying to get some data together and haven't been able to find anything resembling accurate information.
I have found salary info, but nothing which addresses the Marginal cost of fielding a single LEO (taking into account benefits, retirement, consumables, training etc.)
Discounting of course the fixed costs, (although I would love to get figures on that too)
Salary is a significant component of cost, but I believe it is misleadingly low when compared to the total sums involved.
I'm trying to derive the actual cost of fielding one additional man... and it would be nice to get the the mean, median, range, and standard deviation... but even getting a ballpark figure would be nice...
Someone must have an estimation table whipped up for doing annual budgets and determining hiring policies and staffing level.
Any help would be appreciated, the internet just seems obsessed with salary data which is only marginally useful.
I have found salary info, but nothing which addresses the Marginal cost of fielding a single LEO (taking into account benefits, retirement, consumables, training etc.)
Discounting of course the fixed costs, (although I would love to get figures on that too)
Salary is a significant component of cost, but I believe it is misleadingly low when compared to the total sums involved.
I'm trying to derive the actual cost of fielding one additional man... and it would be nice to get the the mean, median, range, and standard deviation... but even getting a ballpark figure would be nice...
Someone must have an estimation table whipped up for doing annual budgets and determining hiring policies and staffing level.
Any help would be appreciated, the internet just seems obsessed with salary data which is only marginally useful.

To field one deputy on our dept the average cost is about $90,000 annually.
Comment