Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ca legal AR-15 question for LEO

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CA_AR-15_925
    Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 108

    Ca legal AR-15 question for LEO

    I was wondering if this would be a smart thing to do. If I'm at the range or transfering my ca legal Ar to or from the range and I get stopped by leo and He wants to check out the gun and the Leo Is not informed on what is legal or not and he want to arrest me. I have the calguns checklist That I will show him but he doesn't care. Can I request to have a leo superviser show up to I hope to explain to him that it is legal.
  • #2
    Unit74
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 2359

    You can always ask for a supervisor. Be polite and offer documents. Have applicable PC definitions/codes with your weapon if your concerned.

    As a SWAG, I'd say only half of cops are into guns. The ones who are not would be the ones you are looking to convince.

    Comment

    • #3
      BigDogatPlay
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2007
      • 7362

      Originally posted by Unit74
      You can always ask for a supervisor. Be polite and offer documents. Have applicable PC definitions/codes with your weapon if your concerned.

      As a SWAG, I'd say only half of cops are into guns. The ones who are not would be the ones you are looking to convince.
      Very good advice... and my gut on your SWAG is that you might be a wee bit high.

      -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

      Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

      Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

      Comment

      • #4
        9mmepiphany
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2008
        • 8075

        As a SWAG, I'd say only half of cops are into guns
        you're being very generous
        ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

        Comment

        • #5
          haodoken
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 516

          Originally posted by BigDogatPlay
          Very good advice... and my gut on your SWAG is that you might be a wee bit high.

          True. I'd say 1/4 of my agency are "gun guys". We are the informal SME (Subject Matter Experts). More guns for us!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            9mmepiphany
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2008
            • 8075

            posted by haodoken
            I'd say 1/4 of my agency are "gun guys". We are the informal SME (Subject Matter Experts).
            it used to amaze me that even the guys putting in for range staff and SWAT weren't all gun guys...it was just another rung on the ladder, another ticket punched.

            i had people come up to me for pointers of how to qualify, before (or worst after) they'd ask the range staff for help
            ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

            Comment

            • #7
              RDT72
              Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 318

              I agree, I recently briefed my shift and the overlap (4 cops 1 sgt) with CalGuns handouts. Not one of them knew all the details regarding "Assault Weapons" even the Sgt., a senior of about 10 years, hadn't heard of a bullet button or the fact that a rimfire weapon did not qualify under the PC section.
              Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

              Looking for:

              Smarty J-06, S-06, 30-30 Lever Gun

              Comment

              • #8
                eltee
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 897

                Originally posted by 9mmepiphany
                it used to amaze me that even the guys putting in for range staff and SWAT weren't all gun guys...it was just another rung on the ladder, another ticket punched.

                i had people come up to me for pointers of how to qualify, before (or worst after) they'd ask the range staff for help
                In my agency, getting assigned to the range is:
                • Off the streets, no risk or stress
                • Mostly daywatch, mostly weekends off...banker's hours
                • Lots of OT
                • Not much supervision
                • First crack at cute recruits
                • Work on suntans
                • Play with cool toys
                • Unlimited ammo
                • Looks good on resume for post-retirement employment
                • "Training" aka "road trips"


                Comment

                • #9
                  BigDogatPlay
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 7362

                  Originally posted by haodoken
                  True. I'd say 1/4 of my agency are "gun guys". We are the informal SME (Subject Matter Experts). More guns for us!
                  Thats how it always was for me.....

                  I hope that with more and more new candidates coming out with a military background that there might be a few more "gun guys" coming into the business. But there still are an awful lot of LEOs in service in agencies big and small who don't give two shakes.
                  -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                  Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                  Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1