Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Happy Retirement to Gumby!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1911su16b870
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2006
    • 7654

    Happy Retirement to Gumby!

    IIRC from a prior post, Congrats Gumby! You made it!

    Now its time to get on with another agency!
    "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

    NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
    GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
    Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
    I instruct it if you shoot it.
  • #2
    gumby
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 2329

    Thanks again! "another agency", we have "extra help" positions that allow you to come back to work part time at your prior wage. Not a bad deal, but my new name here at work will become either "double dipper or extra burden"--I'm pulling for extra burden!!!!!!

    steve

    Comment

    • #3
      retired
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2007
      • 9412

      Congratulations on your retirement. May I ask how many years on.

      Comment

      • #4
        gumby
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2007
        • 2329

        30 and damn it went by fast!

        Comment

        • #5
          1911su16b870
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2006
          • 7654

          Extra help sounds good! You have so much training and experience, it is great that you can keep on and teach the younger guys.
          "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

          NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
          GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
          Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
          I instruct it if you shoot it.

          Comment

          • #6
            gumby
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2007
            • 2329

            I'll take that as a slap on the back,thanks. What's so easy about all this is that the younger guys are so eager to learn--its fun to be with young energetic types,keeps me young!

            Comment

            • #7
              Spyder
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2008
              • 17274

              Whereabouts in the state are ya, if you don't mind my asking? Annnnd, Congrats!, but I already pm'd ya that!

              Comment

              • #8
                Jonathan Doe

                I am happy for you. Congratulations for a successful career. I am right behind you. Anywhere between 2 to 5 years. Can't hardly wait.

                Comment

                • #9
                  gumby
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 2329

                  Spyder--I'm in socal, orange county and thanks again.

                  Topgun--2 to 5 yrs will sneak up on you, just be ready to do something you enjoy.


                  steve

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    sgtbuck
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 604

                    Congrads!!!!!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      gumby
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 2329

                      Tango Yankee, Sarge. Safe retun for your son.
                      Last edited by gumby; 10-08-2009, 7:54 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        yzErnie
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 6310

                        gumby,
                        Congrats to you!! I'm jealous. My plan is to go 2yrs and 4mos and pull it. I'm over 50 wit 31+ so I can go at any time and be ok with it. I tell my wife (also a Sgt), 4 bad days in a row and I'm out!!! Then she tells me , good, I need a house biatch!! All of a sudden 2 yrs and 4mos doesn't seem long enough!!

                        Cong
                        The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

                        Originally posted by RazoE
                        I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          gumby
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 2329

                          biatch

                          yzernie,

                          haaaaaaaaaaaa! Now that is funny. When does the master sergant retire? Sounds like you both need to go at the same time but anything after 33yrs and you are working for free. You have just 28mos. to convince the boss its time to go and enjoy the rest of your lives together. Stay safe and healthy you two.

                          steve

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            yzErnie
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 6310

                            hahahaha, she has to go 2 years after I retire before she turns 50 and she'll have 25 in. We bought her 5 years of air time so she's gone the day after she turns 50.

                            Here's a funny story....she says for the 2 years after I retire and before she retires I'm gonna be her house biatch. When she gets home from work I'll be wearing baggy sweat pants, a baggy t-shirt, my hair will be all screwed up but the house will be spotless and supper will be on the table.

                            My version is just a tad different....I may be wearing those baggy sweats, baggy t-shirt and my hair all f'ed up but I'll be passed out on the sofa smelling like cheap whiskey and nightcrawlers...cause I been fishin all day!!! Thankfully, she has a great sense of humor...she has to, she's married to me!!!
                            The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

                            Originally posted by RazoE
                            I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gumby
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 2329

                              You two sound like a great couple. That was smart buying back 5yrs--good planning. Funny story; oh, and housework isn't so hard--please don't ask.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1