Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Handcuffed Man Shoots At Officers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pieeater
    Cattle Thieves Pro Staff
    • Oct 2005
    • 5404

    Handcuffed Man Shoots At Officers

    SUISUN CITY, Calif. -- A man who was handcuffed and detained inside a Suisun City police car pulled out a concealed gun and fired a shot at officers, police said.

    Police said just before 11 a.m. Friday, an officer did a traffic stop for a vehicle code violation, and the car pulled over on the 1400 block of Pelican Way.

    Three people were inside the car, police said, and the driver was unable to provide any ID.

    Officials said another police officer arrived and the driver was asked to step out of the car. He was pat-searched, handcuffed and detained inside the police car while the other officers dealt with the passengers.

    Police said at that time, a third officer arrived.

    While the handcuffed man was inside the police car, one of the officers noticed that he had moved his hands to the front of his body, police said. When the officers went back to talk to him, they saw that he had a handgun in his cuffed hands.

    The man then fired a shot at the officers and missed, police said. The officers were able to wrestle the gun away from the man.

    None of the officers were hurt in the shooting.

    Police said it appears that the suspect, John Bueno, had hidden the handgun near his groin.

    Police said they found marijuana for sale during a search of the vehicle. Bueno was found to have previous arrests and convictions for possession of firearms and narcotics and was on felony probation for a weapons charge.

    Bueno was booked into the Solano County Jail on multiple charges.

    The passengers were questioned and released, police said
  • #2
    Desert_Rat
    Senior Member
    • May 2007
    • 2289

    Sounds like Senior Bueno won't be having a "good" time anymore

    Comment

    • #3
      yzErnie
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2007
      • 6309

      Somebody needs to pay more attention to their search techniques.
      The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

      Originally posted by RazoE
      I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

      Comment

      • #4
        retired
        Administrator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Sep 2007
        • 9411

        Originally posted by yzernie
        Somebody needs to pay more attention to their search techniques.
        +1 If I was that 3rd leo, I would have had a serious talk with the ones who were supposed to have searched him. There is absolutely no excuse for that miss.

        Comment

        • #5
          5shot
          Senior Member
          • May 2008
          • 1265

          Originally posted by retired
          +1 If I was that 3rd leo, I would have had a serious talk with the ones who were supposed to have searched him. There is absolutely no excuse for that miss.
          John Bishop
          Member: NRA Life, CRPA, WEGC

          Comment

          • #6
            bfoster
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 66

            I can only imagine sitting down to explain that in my report...yikes

            Comment

            • #7
              pieeater
              Cattle Thieves Pro Staff
              • Oct 2005
              • 5404

              All just a innocent misunderstanding. After the guy was cuffed he remembered that on his way to church he found some kids playing with a gun. He took the gun and was on his way to the PD to turn it in when he was stopped. In all the excitement of the stop he forgot he had it when he was asked if he had any weapons. Once he remembered he thought he would turn it over to the officers. As he was trying to hand it to the officer the officer flipped out and started screaming and tried to rush him causing the weapon to discharge. Then the JBTs all tackled him for no reason at all. Another clear cut case of police brutality!!!

              Comment

              • #8
                AJAX22
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2006
                • 14980

                Many people do not search the groin properly... some guys get weirded out and won't touch another guys junk.. which is a problem when the guy has a pistol/knife in his jock
                Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

                Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

                Comment

                • #9
                  pieeater
                  Cattle Thieves Pro Staff
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 5404

                  Originally posted by AJAX22
                  Many people do not search the groin properly... some guys get weirded out and won't touch another guys junk.. which is a problem when the guy has a pistol/knife in his jock
                  Thats what I was thinking when I read the article. It reminded me of that video where the guy offs himself in the interview room.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    fullrearview
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 9371

                    Originally posted by retired
                    +1 If I was that 3rd leo, I would have had a serious talk with the ones who were supposed to have searched him. There is absolutely no excuse for that miss.

                    That's one thing I don't mind doing (searches) and this is why.....Legal ones of course.
                    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ALCO HK
                      Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 302

                      Dont be scared to cup the balls boys. Modesty is deadly
                      Last edited by ALCO HK; 09-27-2009, 9:10 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BigDogatPlay
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 7362

                        That's a pretty big miss all right. Thank heavens everyone walked away safely.

                        The lesson here seems to be to never be bashful when shaking an arrestee. You don't owe them anything, they are in custody and that's that. If they didn't want their junk manipulated in an unfriendly way, they shouldn't have done what got them arrested in the first place.

                        Having said that.... I wonder if Thunderwear was involved.
                        -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                        Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                        Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bfoster
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 66

                          Maybe the guy had really big nuts that completely enveloped the gun??? It coulda just felt like nuts on the search...we apparently do not have all the facts.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            nobody33
                            Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 298

                            I'm not a big fan of wrestling armed suspects. I doubt the news report is highly accurate though.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              johnny_22
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 2180

                              Sign of the times?

                              Originally posted by AJAX22
                              Many people do not search the groin properly... some guys get weirded out and won't touch another guys junk.. which is a problem when the guy has a pistol/knife in his jock
                              When I went to concerts in the 1970s, I was always grabbed in the crotch by the security guards to make sure I was not sneaking in a weapon. I have noticed that now, that is not done. Granted, I am 30 years older (and look it), but, I believe that there is some change in what is considered a normal search now.
                              Please, join the NRA.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1