Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Selling firearms after resignation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cyclesquad9909
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2021
    • 2

    Selling firearms after resignation

  • #2
    mossy
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2007
    • 7435

    you are not a LEO anymore. you can PPT to whoever you want.
    best troll thread in calguns history
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



    burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

    Comment

    • #3
      Mayor McRifle
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2013
      • 7771

      Originally posted by mossy
      you are not a LEO anymore. you can PPT to whoever you want.
      /thread
      Anchors Aweigh

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        P5Ret
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2010
        • 6397

        I'd be a bit cautious, as the law preventing sales relates to how the gun was obtained in the first place. It does not appear to be based upon employment at the time of a subsequent sale.

        Comment

        • #5
          SharedShots
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2021
          • 2277

          Originally posted by cyclesquad9909
          I recently resigned from my LEO position. I now have a couple of off roster guns that I’d like to get rid of. If I was 830.3, do I still need to sell to LE only? Has the DOJ weighed in on this at all?
          Just be sure that the manner in which you obtained those off-roster was done properly. 830.3 peace officers don't automatically get to carry guns or buy guns as exempt individuals. If that base is covered, you can sell to anyone not prohibited as you are no longer LE.

          LEO/LE does not mean "peace officer". Many people use the term interchangeably but they are not. A peace officer is LEO/LE but a LEO/LE is not always a peace officer with exempt gun possession/purchasing privileges.

          Not legal advice, that is what you are asking for so consider that.



          .
          Last edited by SharedShots; 12-12-2022, 10:49 AM.
          Let Go of the Status Quo!

          Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

          Think past your gun, it's the last resort, the first is your brain.

          Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent. In the history of humanity, no defense has ever won against an enemy with time on their side.

          Comment

          • #6
            donutboi
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 39

            Originally posted by mossy
            you are not a LEO anymore. you can PPT to whoever you want.
            Does anyone have a PC on this? I am curious as well

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1