Again, I am not selling anything.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Important- A better tool for LEOs at wild fires...
Collapse
X
-
-
Evidence or facts? I claimed you insulted Doheny, the facts are, (your words)Oh ,so there is a certain way to use the English language based solely on you now? There is a certain way to "correct them" and you're the authority? You dont like the way I responded because I am right and blasted Doheny for trolling. Just stop here dude, youre wrong.
I rather stay on topic like the rules say here. But since you brought it up, funny how you make an off topic post with no real evidence or facts, just make a hollow statement that must be right because you say it is. Thats what liberals also do about gun control- no real facts, just it must be true because I say it is. Thats exactly what orangeusa and Doheny do there and youre following the same behavior. Either stick to the topic, contribute or STFU.
Please stay on topic here and stop thread crapping and attacking me.
"Its dicks like you"
"Its also clowns like you"
"and rather troll people here like a social moron"
"Doheny- You're just a bored retired clown, a cancer to this website and an embarrassment to public safety. You do nothing to help the gun community here except troll. Do us all a favor here and stroke out. Youre still a wing nut just like the other retired guys say about you in real life. "
"To the others here, dont listen to this clown."
There's your evidence.Comment
-
You're drunk go to bed.Comment
-
My take- If the department is going to let you provide your own basic house and construction face filter, they will let you put something more safe on your face.
And yes, being in that environment for a medium to long period of time WILL have an effect on you. Breathing in that crap stays in your lungs. Consider this, you cant wash that smell out of your hair, so its also in your lungs.
Just so you know NFPA is a private association, hence the "A" in their name. They dont need to approve anything or have any power over the fire service or police departments. OSHA also has no real say or power over what you want to wear at a fire scene. If you put some protective device over your face, they dont care, there are no laws being broken here. As you can tell, there were officers all over wearing those household and construction masks and no agency said a thing. Its your face, respiratory track and lungs, if you want to protect them, thats your business, no one is going to stop you.
Or just keep attaching a flammable cotton swab to your face, its up to you, I got my Hotshield for a reason. Whether you get them or not, ok by me. I have mine, I am healthy and closer to retirement. I just wanted to share something that is far superior than that the cops are using now.
As for the legality of wearing them, the owner of Hotshield recently gave away units to the firefighters on the Thomas Fire. The guys loved them and some never even heard of them before. If the firefighters are wearing them, it might be a smart key to maybe consider it for the cops as well. Now they love them...


Yes my hat is made of tin foil
Comment
-
All acceptable terms that have been used on this board in the past. So stop now, youre just trolling.Evidence or facts? I claimed you insulted Doheny, the facts are, (your words)
"Its dicks like you"
"Its also clowns like you"
"and rather troll people here like a social moron"
"Doheny- You're just a bored retired clown, a cancer to this website and an embarrassment to public safety. You do nothing to help the gun community here except troll. Do us all a favor here and stroke out. Youre still a wing nut just like the other retired guys say about you in real life. "
"To the others here, dont listen to this clown."
There's your evidence.Comment
-
smokeyfs- You have some good points here, but punching in line, progressive hoselays or cutting line is NOT what we are here to talk about. Youre going way deep iinto widlland firefighting and that is not the purpose of the post here or the product recommendation. And no, I have not worn my HS during line cutting, its not what its designed for. I am also red cared and have done handcrew work, I hear what youre saying.RapidCool, I actually agree these would be pretty good for officers, or people standing around their truck. As a Wildland firefighter and ex federal handcrew guy for the last eleven years, I wouldn’t recommend these to people planning on hiking around a lot. I’ve messed with these a little, but it is noticeably restrictive if you hiking long distances and carrying a lot of weight. I could see the city engines using these for doing WUI. But these are too hot and restrictive to wear if you are actively punching in handline or punching in a steep hoselay that’s longer than a 1000’. There is a reason why you don’t see hotshot crews wearing these. My pack alone weighs 40 pounds and thats just required gear plus saw fuel. Toss on a hose pack ( 20 pounds) plus tool. Last thing I want is something restricting my airway even the slightest bit. If fitness comes to mind which I have a feeling it might. I recently completed a century bike ride in 7 hours which isn’t fast but still decent and my mile and a half time is under 10 minutes
Thanks for the post, but I was not looking for feedback, research or opinions. Respectfully, you missed the idea of the original post. Its just a tool Ive used for over 13 years and its worked great for certain conditions.. I also think it would work better for the police officers in the field for 12-18 hours instead of the common rubber band construction face masks and googles.Comment
-
-
smokeyfs- You have some good points here, but punching in line, progressive hoselays or cutting line is NOT what we are here to talk about. Youre going way deep iinto widlland firefighting and that is not the purpose of the post here or the product recommendation. And no, I have not worn my HS during line cutting, its not what its designed for. I am also red cared and have done handcrew work, I hear what youre saying.
Thanks for the post, but I was not looking for feedback, research or opinions. Respectfully, you missed the idea of the original post. Its just a tool Ive used for over 13 years and its worked great for certain conditions.. I also think it would work better for the police officers in the field for 12-18 hours instead of the common rubber band construction face masks and googles.Yes my hat is made of tin foil
Comment
-
Rapid Cool, can we go back to when you didn't act rude or were banned?Originally posted by fighterpilot562Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.Comment
-
-
Originally posted by fighterpilot562Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.Comment
-
-
eta34 has been a member since 2006, just how many former IDs have you had?Comment
-
Sarcastic and defensive.
Doheny- I knew you would be by here for the usual attack.
He did NOT attack you, he called you out because you DID post this before under a different account.
Stating the truth is NOT and attack.
Its dicks like you ...
Its also clowns like you...
THOSE are attacks and insults.
But let me address your points-
I have been banned from the board before and Admin let me back in.
A decision you're starting to make me regret.
The ONLY reason I have been banned is because people like you like to post false information and attack people,
The only word for that statement is 'lie'.
You were banned because you don't know how to deal with disagreement like an adult. You lash out and insult people then blame them for your actions.
You just assume things here like a jacka** and rather troll people here like a social moron...
You're just a bored retired clown, a cancer to this website and an embarrassment to public safety...
Do us all a favor here and stroke out...
Yure still a wing nut just like the other retired guys say about you in real life...
dont listen to this clown...
More childish insults.
Of course they're not your fault, someone made you type them right?How about using the English language like an adult instead of like a petulant child?
Or there's always buring your last bridge.
As illustrated above, this is patently false.
According to whom?
Again, as shown YOU were rude and exhibiting bad behavior.I dont know, the problems didnt start in here until post #33 by Doheny.
Doheny posted FACTS, that you DID post this before under a different name and that you HAVE been banned as a troll before.
Nothing wrong with posting the truth.
Nothing to do with me being rude or banned. Stop blaming the wrong person here and rewarding bad behavior.
If you can't post like a civil adult, without the insults, sarcasm, cheap shots and childish behavior you can either choose to leave of your own accord or with assistance.
YOUR choice.
YOUR behavior makes the call.
No one else, no blaming others, I don't give a damn if your feelings are hurt by something someone posts.
YOU are responsible for what you post and for your future here.
No one else.sigpic NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.Comment
-
Mommy just slapped daddy at the dinner table (Red 2)Sarcastic and defensive.
How about using the English language like an adult instead of like a petulant child?
Or there's always buring your last bridge.
As illustrated above, this is patently false.
According to whom?
Again, as shown YOU were rude and exhibiting bad behavior.
If you can't post like a civil adult, without the insults, sarcasm, cheap shots and childish behavior you can either choose to leave of your own accord or with assistance.
YOUR choice.
YOUR behavior makes the call.
No one else, no blaming others, I don't give a damn if your feelings are hurt by something someone posts.
YOU are responsible for what you post and for your future here.
No one else.Yes my hat is made of tin foil
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,273
Posts: 25,146,212
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 40174 users online. 111 members and 40063 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment