Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LE selling their Off Roster HG

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • magtf388
    Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 410

    LE selling their Off Roster HG

    Have heard several news reports that ATF and DOJ are cracking down on lawn force meant officers selling their use of roster guns. Has anybody heard any updates or information about recent crackdowns ?
  • #2
    haodoken
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 516

    "Lawn force" LOL
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      P5Ret
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2010
      • 6395

      So assuming you mean law enforcement officers, and not lawn force, I'm not sure why atf would give a rat's hind end, about someone selling used firearms, I'm sure that happens every single day. I also don't know what Ca law would be in question selling off roster guns, since as far as I know that is perfectly legal. In fact I just bought an off roster Colt last month.

      Comment

      • #4
        CinnamonBear723
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 1874

        I will say this and only this. I commented in a thread with similar information. Please understand that I/we will not provide much more. Yes the ATF will prosecute officers who are operating as an ffl or making straw purchases for "off roster" firearms. They sent an admonishment sometime within the recent past. Outside of that you need to contact the ATF about further information

        Comment

        • #5
          splaturn
          Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 147

          I've heard through the grapevine that it's becoming a big deal and that they're trying to close the loophole.

          Here's an article from today: http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...-growing-trend
          Last edited by splaturn; 04-13-2017, 9:18 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Baconator
            Bacon makes it better
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2009
            • 9547

            Have heard several news reports that ATF and DOJ are cracking down on lawn force meant officers selling their use of roster guns. Has anybody heard any updates or information about recent crackdowns ?
            My gardener can do what ever he wants. I don't call him my lawn force tho.

            Comment

            • #7
              magtf388
              Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 410

              Originally posted by splaturn
              I've heard through the grapevine that it's becoming a big deal and that they're trying to close the loophole.

              Here's an article from today: http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...-growing-trend
              Thanks for the news clip.... and yes Law Enforcement

              Comment

              • #8
                P5Ret
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2010
                • 6395

                If ATF is concerned about people selling off roster guns at a profit, they had better never look at the marketplace here. That would be a target rich environment.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Rogue187
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 1157

                  P5Ret.. not really a target rich environment.. remember there is the California Off Roster Premium Index.. also don't forget in the waning days of SSE2 that a lot of guns were horded in the event of emergency monies and sales..


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Saym14
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 7892

                    shouldn't it be illegal for LEO to sell unsafe handguns?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Rogue187
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 1157

                      Originally posted by Saym14
                      shouldn't it be illegal for LEO to sell unsafe handguns?
                      Define "unsafe" handgun?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        TrailerparkTrash
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 4249

                        Originally posted by Rogue187
                        Define "unsafe" handgun?
                        "Any handgun not approved on the CA DOJ Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale."
                        sigpic

                        It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

                        -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Rogue187
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 1157

                          So you mean the Extortion list?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            skyungjae
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 574

                            $1200 XDS anyone?
                            Keeper of Cold Steel
                            USMC/2111

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              P5Ret
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 6395

                              Originally posted by Saym14
                              shouldn't it be illegal for LEO to sell unsafe handguns?
                              No more so than anyone else who wants to sell an off roster or as you say "unsafe" handgun. Never mind that there are probably more off roster handguns in private hands then there are on roster guns.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1