Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Chandler Walmart Gun Fight

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1911su16b870
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2006
    • 7654

    Chandler Walmart Gun Fight

    A lot of good learning points and take aways from this video.

    -Close Quarters
    -Contact's demeanor/hands
    -Creating Distance
    -Fighting from supine
    -Staying in the fight, mindset
    -After action assessing

    "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

    NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
    GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
    Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
    I instruct it if you shoot it.
  • #2
    P5Ret
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2010
    • 6391

    Where did the officer with the short sleeves go? Was he hit in an initial exchange?

    Comment

    • #3
      ape1nope
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 37

      Originally posted by P5Ret
      Where did the officer with the short sleeves go? Was he hit in an initial exchange?
      The officer who ran farther back into the store was Officer Joseph Pueblo. According to the news stories circulating, Officer Pueblo was shot both in the face and arm, which is probably why he exits stage left so fast. Officer Daniel Colwell was the officer who dove/slid towards the door and was able to get shots off. Officer Colwell was also shot, but I'm not sure where. Pueblo seemed to get the worst of it, though he is supposedly fine.

      Suspect Mitchell Oakley was killed during the exchange.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mack661
        Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 168

        for all of those people that second guess and Monday morning quarterback officers actions, that's how fast it happens. great job gunfighter!!

        Comment

        • #5
          Librarian
          Admin and Poltergeist
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 44689

          Here's a nice bit
          Store employees told police they saw a woman retrieving shell casings from scene and disposing of them after the shooting. Police say they were able to track down the woman, who then helped police identify the shooter and the juvenile he was with, according to a Glendale police statement.
          http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ward/95720548/
          ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

          Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

          Comment

          • #6
            18sam2011
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 777

            This has nothing to do with the original video that was posted???


            Originally posted by Librarian

            Comment

            • #7
              ape1nope
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 37

              Originally posted by Librarian
              Yeah, that's a completely unrelated walmart shooting.

              Comment

              • #8
                Librarian
                Admin and Poltergeist
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 44689

                Oi!

                I didn't realize Walmarts in AZ were so dangerous!

                Apologies for the wrong event.
                ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                Comment

                • #9
                  edgerly779
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 19871

                  dupe

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Samuelx
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 1558

                    Originally posted by Librarian
                    I didn't realize Walmarts in AZ were so dangerous!
                    Yeah Cottonwood AZ Walmart was the one where they had that big melee/shooting... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLMuxqKkGw

                    So much crazy sh1t seems to happen at Walmarts in general that I'm surprised I still shop there!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      gotthelife4u
                      Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 268

                      Originally posted by Samuelx
                      Yeah Cottonwood AZ Walmart was the one where they had that big melee/shooting... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLMuxqKkGw

                      So much crazy sh1t seems to happen at Walmarts in general that I'm surprised I still shop there!
                      I avoid Walmart's like the Plague lol. Idk, maybe it's just me but it seems like most general merchandise stores are going down hill nowadays.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        MotoFahren
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • 643

                        That's why you should never go to Walmart until your inaugural "Am I printing? WallyWorld trip."
                        "Simplify, then add lightness." - Colin Chapman

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          gotthelife4u
                          Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 268

                          Originally posted by MotoFahren
                          That's why you should never go to Walmart until your inaugural "Am I printing? WallyWorld trip."
                          I ask my wife that when we walk into Target all the time.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1