Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Favorite patrol jacket?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1911_sfca
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1371

    Favorite patrol jacket?

    I am looking for a waterproof patrol jacket. I have the standard blauer, and a 5.11 hoodie/windbreaker style jacket, both of which I picked up 7+ years ago. Both of them have side-cuts to expose the weapon and baton/taser.

    I would like something with more modern materials, and not too puffy. Something like an Arc'teryx or similar, but that make the duty belt accessible. Any recommendations on what you use and prefer? Budget is not really a limitation as I expect to buy something high quality that will last a long time.

    ETA: The 5.11 I'm running now is the "Sabre" jacket (not 2.0)
    Last edited by 1911_sfca; 01-18-2016, 1:52 AM.
  • #2
    1CavScout
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 3234

    I had many jackets from the 5.11 type to expensive Gortex. I personally did not like wearing a jacket and went to layering with a long sleeve shirt. I did not like the restriction of wearing a thick jacket, and the obstruction to items on my duty belt. That said, the Gortex jacket I had was the best. It was fairly warm and water proof. I don't remember the brand though. I gave it away.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      P5Ret
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2010
      • 6395

      Just before the Dr. told me that my knee was toast, I bought a 5.11 4 in 1 patrol jacket. It was warm enough for most of the nights on the Peninsula without the liner. Water proofing was good, the best feature for me was it rode just above the waist so nothing on my belt was covered. I bought a size larger, but bought a short length which worked well for the couple months I actually got to use it.

      Comment

      • #4
        1911ShooterPhil
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 1037

        5.11 is good to go...

        Originally posted by 1911_sfca
        I am looking for a waterproof patrol jacket. I have the standard blauer, and a 5.11 hoodie/windbreaker style jacket, both of which I picked up 7+ years ago. Both of them have side-cuts to expose the weapon and baton/taser.

        I would like something with more modern materials, and not too puffy. Something like an Arc'teryx or similar, but that make the duty belt accessible. Any recommendations on what you use and prefer? Budget is not really a limitation as I expect to buy something high quality that will last a long time.

        ETA: The 5.11 I'm running now is the "Sabre" jacket (not 2.0)
        Personally, I've had this jacket since it came out...



        It's been a decent jacket. But, for duty...get this:

        With a zip-out quilted liner, a roll-up/removable hood, and waterproof/breathable construction, the Signature Duty Jacket provides complete and modular weather protection ideally suited to a broad range of patrol climates. The wind and water repellant nylon shell keeps you dry and comfortable while the zip-out blood-borne pathogen resistant* quilted liner provides superior on the job protection. Underarm zippers offer increased ventilation when the weather warms up, and zippers at the side seams provide unrestricted access to your sidearm. A bi-swing back ensures full range of motion, a pull out ID panel at the back supports a law enforcement identification patch, and Backup Belt System™ front storage pockets allow you to customize your accessories as you see fit.


        You can't go wrong with 5.11. --1911ShooterPhil
        "A gun is a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane (1953)

        Comment

        • #5
          micro911
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 2346

          MY department issues a waterproof jackets now, maybe 5.11. The one I was issued was not waterproof.

          Comment

          • #6
            esy
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 1197

            My department approved one is the Spiewak SH3465



            It's a 3 in 1 and quite warm with all of the layers. I don't like wearing it altogether, but I have patches on both the inner and outer so I can wear them individually. The inner is a fleece, North Face style jacket, and the outer is a pretty typical weatherproof jacket.

            Comment

            • #7
              5.56
              Member
              • May 2015
              • 470

              Favorite patrol jacket?

              The one I got from a retiring LT for free that he never wore once in 10 years.

              Ask me where I get my favorite uniforms.

              Comment

              • #8
                Rogue187
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 1157

                A second on the Spiewak.. They are very durable..
                Check out the ones available.

                Comment

                • #9
                  usclee
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 715

                  5.11

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1