Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone have a 5.7 with a silencer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sigstroker
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2009
    • 19863

    Anyone have a 5.7 with a silencer?

    I have an interest in 5.7 after I watched a recent InRange video. Even worse, it appears that some cheap .22 cans are rated for 5.7x28. That seems weird that such a high intensity cartridge won't melt down a .22 can.
  • #2
    EBR Works
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Dec 2007
    • 10492

    We have 2 pistols and an SBR/MG, all suppressed. What's your question?


    Check out our e-commerce site here:

    www.ebrworks.com

    Serving you from Prescott, AZ

    Comment

    • #3
      sigstroker
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2009
      • 19863

      Ordinary .22 cans?

      Comment

      • #4
        rromeo
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2009
        • 6981

        Not ordinary. My Sparrow is rated for up to 5.7, but it's only rated full auto for 22LR.
        Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

        - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
        (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

        Comment

        • #5
          EBR Works
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Dec 2007
          • 10492

          22LR, rated for 5.7. Running a 22LR only rated can on it would definitely destroy that can.


          Check out our e-commerce site here:

          www.ebrworks.com

          Serving you from Prescott, AZ

          Comment

          • #6
            EBR Works
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Dec 2007
            • 10492

            Spectre II:



            Check out our e-commerce site here:

            www.ebrworks.com

            Serving you from Prescott, AZ

            Comment

            • #7
              sigstroker
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 19863

              Thanks.

              Comment

              • #8
                sigstroker
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 19863

                BTW, back in stock:




                50 cents per round. Not dirt cheap but comparable to other centerfire ammo.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Marauder2003
                  Waiting for Abs
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 3119

                  I have the FN, Ruger and S&W.

                  The S&W has a threaded barrel. Checked the specs on my Oculus 22 can. Good for 5.7. Tried it at an indoor range. Worked like a charm.
                  #NotMyPresident
                  #ArrestFauci
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    nitroxdiver
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 6979

                    Anyone have a 5.7 with a silencer?

                    King, the bullet doesn't have to be subsonic for the suppressor to "work". Bullet only has to be subsonic for suppression to be at its maximum. You still get the super sonic crack suppressed, but it's overall way quieter than unsuppressed because it's still affecting the propellant gasses regardless of bullet speed.
                    I shoot suppressed as much as possible, sub or supersonic. Makes a pretty huge difference regardless of bullet speed.

                    Shoot my 6.5 bolt gun with or without a can and you'll always choose the can, guaranteed. [emoji106]
                    Last edited by nitroxdiver; 07-09-2023, 10:10 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      nitroxdiver
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 6979

                      Originally posted by sigstroker
                      I have an interest in 5.7 after I watched a recent InRange video. Even worse, it appears that some cheap .22 cans are rated for 5.7x28. That seems weird that such a high intensity cartridge won't melt down a .22 can.

                      Depends on the build quality of the .22 suppressor. My oculus will eat it all day on full auto. I'm going to get a threaded bbl for my fn 5-7 just haven't done it yet.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Marauder2003
                        Waiting for Abs
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 3119

                        Yesterday I ordered a blem PSA 57 Rock. Telling my FFL tomorrow it is coming soon.
                        #NotMyPresident
                        #ArrestFauci
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          xfer42
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 709

                          Originally posted by kingransom
                          Somebody smarter than me please tell me and educate me why I think a 5.7 with a suppressor on it is utterly stupid. The reason I say this is that in order for the suppressor to work properly, the bullet has to be subsonic. The 5.7 shoots approximately a 40 grain bullet and of course there are varying weights. Wouldn't you accomplish the exact same thing with a 22 long rifle and a 40-grain bullet since they both have to travel under appx 1060ft per second in order to suppress the sound noise? Seems like they would yield the same amount of energy because they would be traveling at the same speed and have the same bullet weight, but you can shoot a 22LR subsonic round for approximately 8 cents while a 5.7 subsonic is many many times more expensive
                          A majority of the sound comes from the muzzle blast. Thats the part that hurts the ears. Sure, you're not gonna have a gun battle in a mall with no one hearing, but a silencer will reduce most of the noise. I shoot some full auto suppressed with my FFL07 friend, mainly testing. Its not completely silent, but most can be done comfortably without ear protection. Sure its a bonus if you go subsonic, but that comes at a cost (bullet drop, less penetration, more expensive, etc).

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Marauder2003
                            Waiting for Abs
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 3119

                            Got the gun. Can?t find the blemish.
                            Shot the gun. With and without silencer.
                            First mag (23 rounds) went without a hitch.
                            Got a burn on my finger when I tried to remove the thread guard. Barrels get hot!
                            With silencer had a few problems. Failure to feed. Failure to extract. One time actually noticed slide coming back slowly.
                            For some reason 1 mag was not as dirty as the other. Will go shooting again soon and observe more carefully.

                            Also felt the trigger pull was heavy. Took to gun store and had them test. Tech said it was 5.7 lbs and the trigger was not bad.

                            So either my other pistols have lighter triggers or my trigger finger has gotten weak.


                            Originally posted by Marauder2003
                            Yesterday I ordered a blem PSA 57 Rock. Telling my FFL tomorrow it is coming soon.
                            #NotMyPresident
                            #ArrestFauci
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              sigstroker
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 19863

                              Originally posted by Marauder2003
                              Got the gun. Can?t find the blemish.
                              Shot the gun. With and without silencer.
                              First mag (23 rounds) went without a hitch.
                              Got a burn on my finger when I tried to remove the thread guard. Barrels get hot!
                              With silencer had a few problems. Failure to feed. Failure to extract. One time actually noticed slide coming back slowly.
                              For some reason 1 mag was not as dirty as the other. Will go shooting again soon and observe more carefully.

                              Also felt the trigger pull was heavy. Took to gun store and had them test. Tech said it was 5.7 lbs and the trigger was not bad.

                              So either my other pistols have lighter triggers or my trigger finger has gotten weak.
                              That's weird. Usually cans cause more back pressure and make them run harder.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1