Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Advice for visiting Calif?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mojo goat
    Member
    • Dec 2020
    • 232

    Advice for visiting Calif?

    Preparing to visit Calif to see the kids. I have removed the US flag sticker on my car so it won't be keyed, I stepped on all the dog crap I could find so my scent wouldn't give me away, (couldn't find any human crap). Found a clip on Manbun, that and some eye makeup should let me pass for native HE/SHE unit. Wearing safety boots that are needle proof. I've picked out a preferred pronoun in case I'm asked at the border: My Lord, followed with a curtsey
    Any other suggestions?
  • #2
    9Cal_OC
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2019
    • 6703

    Don’t come.

    If you do, bring some board shorts and flip flops,
    Freedom isn't free...

    sigpic

    iTrader

    Comment

    • #3
      1911RONIN
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2011
      • 1991

      You can't misgender anyone, but you can rob a Walgreens. Everything else is a Grey area.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ?Seek the Lord while He may be found?

      Comment

      • #4
        sitruc
        Member
        • Nov 2016
        • 466

        Clearly this is a troll post, but whatever.

        Crime, especially vehicle related, has worsened. Leave absolutely no valuables in your vehicle unless you are going to still be in your vehicle. Because of this, I would very much not going anywhere near the bay area. Double and triple check you are not followed from your vehicle to wherever you are staying before turning off your vehicle and exiting your vehicle. Have your keys in hand and ready to open the door to wherever you're staying and spend minimal amount of time in transitional spaces.

        Have an unserialized, completed polymer 80 ready to and throw away after use.

        Comment

        • #5
          rcslotcar
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2014
          • 1100

          Bring plenty of money for high gas prices!!

          Comment

          • #6
            VictorFranko
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2010
            • 13737


            Was willing to bet my last dollar this was the first response.

            Comment

            • #7
              Subotai
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2010
              • 11289

              Grow out like 3-4 whiskers on your chin. Make sure they are far apart. With the man bun that'll scream non-binary.
              RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
              Free Vespuchia!

              Comment

              • #8
                Romeo_alpha01
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2017
                • 2030



                Originally posted by 9Cal_OC
                Don’t come.
                Last edited by Romeo_alpha01; 09-16-2022, 2:38 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  waynesworld12
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 969

                  Bring lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    nitroxdiver
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 6979

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sigstroker
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 19866

                      Blue or green hair dye, everyone forgot that.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BigStiCK
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 3790

                        MonkeyPox boosters are up to date? New strain is now DonkeyPox. GoatPox just brought over from the middle east. From what I hear they also like Alpacas.
                        Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.

                        ~Pope John Paul II

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          lmcc0072
                          Member
                          • Dec 2019
                          • 290

                          I see that you’re from Idaho. If you’ve been across the border into Portland, it looks a lot like the San Francisco Bay Area and the greater Los Angeles Area. Make sure that you drive and old beater when you’re here, don’t wear fancy clothes, no expensive jewelry, etc.... People have been relieved at gunpoint of their Rolexes and other fine jewelry (even in the nicer places.....they’ve been followed home from places like San Francisco for many miles). Don’t leave anything in your car, don’t put your wallet down anywhere (even for a few seconds), keep your phone out of site if you have a nice one, know where you’re going and don’t stay out late. Like the first guy said.....maybe it’s better if you don’t come.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bender152
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 4237

                            The person above me gives some very good tips.
                            Don't overlook the part where he says crime happens "even in the nicer places".

                            Regardless of where you are, don't leave anything valuable in your car and don't wear anything that would make you look like a person worth robbing (e.g nice watch, nice clothes, etc.).

                            Also, keep your situational awareness up at all times, especially if you're in a big city. Like the person above me said, people have been followed for several miles, then robbed at their house. There have also been incidents where people have had their car broken into while driving.

                            Example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ef...BC7NewsBayArea

                            You don't have to be overly paranoid, but do be aware of your surroundings.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ZapThyCat
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 2610

                              Originally posted by 9Cal_OC
                              board shorts and flip flops, ammo
                              fixed it for you.

                              At least, that's what I'm assuming people in CA want.

                              I still have a little shame for not getting rid of my gun collection before I moved, so that I could have gotten cheaper, better guns where I'm now at, instead of depriving CA of it's bullet-buttons and other grey-area legal guns, and instead taking them with me, and removing the annoying features. At the very least, I got some high-cap mags that would have been grandfathered in CA, but are easily attainable where I'm at.
                              ~Jarrod~

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1