Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kentucky Gun Laws

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • One in the pipe
    Member
    • Nov 2017
    • 147

    Kentucky Gun Laws

    I'm wishing there was a KentuckyGuns.net site I could search for basic information. I'm guessing since this is a free state, nobody cares.

    Of course, when you grow up in Kommiefornia, you think there's a rule for everything.

    I moved to Harrison County Kentucky a few months ago on 5 acres of land. I'm trying to figure out if I can build a range on my land or not.

    Plus, there aren't many outdoor ranges here. I'm guessing because people just shoot where they want to.
  • #2
    flyer898
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 2018

    A friend of mine, some years ago, bought five acres on the the city airport at Coalgate, Oklahoma.
    When he he went to the city building department to apply for a building permit, the response was: what do you need a building permit for; you own the land don't ya?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. So said somebody but not Mark Twain
    "One argues to a judge, one does not argue with a judge." Me
    "Never argue unless you are getting paid." CDAA
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw

    Comment

    • #3
      ACfixer
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2012
      • 6090

      Originally posted by One in the pipe
      I'm wishing there was a KentuckyGuns.net site I could search for basic information. I'm guessing since this is a free state, nobody cares.

      Of course, when you grow up in Kommiefornia, you think there's a rule for everything.

      I moved to Harrison County Kentucky a few months ago on 5 acres of land. I'm trying to figure out if I can build a range on my land or not.

      Plus, there aren't many outdoor ranges here. I'm guessing because people just shoot where they want to.
      Are you on county land or within city limits? I'm guessing county. If so, be a responsible gun owner and shoot your guns. I have 5 acres in the county, it's how we do it here.
      Buy made in USA whenever possible.

      Comment

      • #4
        One in the pipe
        Member
        • Nov 2017
        • 147

        Thanks all for the responses. I do need to visit bud's and need to start the suppressor process.

        Yes, I'm on county land outside of Cynthiana city limits.

        Comment

        • #5
          ACfixer
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2012
          • 6090

          Originally posted by One in the pipe
          Thanks all for the responses. I do need to visit bud's and need to start the suppressor process.

          Yes, I'm on county land outside of Cynthiana city limits.
          Perfect. My land has some rolls so a pistol range was naturally already there... I need to do a little bobcat work and I can get a good 150 yard rifle range at the bottom of my property. I could do it now (or go on my neighbor's property) but that's what I meant about a responsible gun owner, I just want to be double sure and have a defined backstop. Everybody shoots on their land here.

          BTW, I love Kentucky. Flew my plane over and through there last year, gorgeous state.
          Buy made in USA whenever possible.

          Comment

          • #6
            DaveInOroValley
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jan 2010
            • 8968





            NRA Life Member

            Vet since 1978

            "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

            Comment

            • #7
              sigstroker
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 19883

              Originally posted by ACfixer
              Perfect. My land has some rolls so a pistol range was naturally already there... I need to do a little bobcat work and I can get a good 150 yard rifle range at the bottom of my property. I could do it now (or go on my neighbor's property) but that's what I meant about a responsible gun owner, I just want to be double sure and have a defined backstop. Everybody shoots on their land here.

              BTW, I love Kentucky. Flew my plane over and through there last year, gorgeous state.
              Rains a lot though. The Knob parking lot (grass field) was often just a mud bog.

              Comment

              • #8
                rsrocket1
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 2772

                Comment

                • #9
                  BigBronco
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 7079

                  The site I found was KYGO.com.

                  Kentucky gun owners.
                  "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    nitroxdiver
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 6979

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      One in the pipe
                      Member
                      • Nov 2017
                      • 147

                      Originally posted by BigBronco
                      The site I found was KYGO.com.

                      Kentucky gun owners.
                      That site goes to a radio station. I tried .org and .net and got nothing. Would be interested in the correct URL.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Mac Attack
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 2127

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          1911-CV
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2018
                          • 657

                          Kentucky Forums

                          Try Here

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            MrFancyPants
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2017
                            • 1160

                            You probably won't find a "KY guns" forum because there are very little state regs to talk about. Just brush up on fed firearm laws to make sure you don't run afoul of the ATF. Like here, I searched for a Utah gun forum after moving here, found nothing. I did join a southwest firearms forum which includes the whole southwest region, but there's like 5 posts in any 3 month period. Other than that it's just national gun forums like the high road, snipers hide, ar15.com, etc. Here, like KY I'm sure, there are no state restrictions on firearms. If you can buy it, and it's federally legal, you can buy it. It's that simple.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              echo1
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 3932

                              Last April I helped my son move from Coeur d'Alene, ID to Corbin, KY. Second day there we bought 2 NIB Heritage Rough Riders at the city wide yard sale. This December he got transferred back to CDL I work seasonally in Pingree but spend a lot of time in the Panhandle. PAX
                              You need a crew

                              "A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

                              Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1