Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Honor Tommy Mac- Saturday, 20 APR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SGT Loco
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 1765

    Honor Tommy Mac- Saturday, 20 APR

    Sorry this is coming up so soon, but I just found out about it. SGT Thomas Macpherson was KIA 12 OCT of last year in eastern Afghanistan. SGT Macpherson, of the 2/75th Ranger Regiment, is a SoCal native from Los Alamitos (near Long Beach)- a local hero.

    There is a memorial event (hopefully the first of an annual event) being held this weekend as a fundraiser for his wife Claudia and their son Brayden. The event consists of a 5k run/walk and SGT Macphersons Crossfit hero WOD. There's also going to be a raffle, and lots of local companies have donated for WOD equipment and prizes. All of the details are available here:

    honortommymac.com


    On a personal note, I was supporting SGT Macpherson and his team last year when he was killed. I was there, surrounded by other tense, emotional Americans when he was announced Dead On Arrival. He was one of two operators we lost in as many days. So, this one hits close to home for me. If anyone could attend, that would be awesome! If not, please keep the Macpherson family in your thoughts and prayers to your deity of choice. Much appreciated!

    Carry on!

    ------
    SGT Thomas Macpherson KIA 12 OCT 2012
    SFC Ryan Savard KIA 13 OCT 2012
    "Sine Pari"
  • #2
    Riceball
    Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 191

    Sorry to hear about the loss, this kind of hits home for me since I grew up in Los Al myself and graduated from Los Al as well although I graduate many years before him. I don't think I'll be able to attend but his family definitely has my thoughts and prayers
    "Gone to Florida to fight the Indians. Will be back when the war is over."
    Colonel Commandant Archibald Henderson, USMC
    in a note pinned to his office door, 1836

    "We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?"
    Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
    during the assault on Grenada, 1983

    Comment

    • #3
      ImAti0n
      Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 205

      Just saw this. The event was a huge success. Glad everyone could make it and help support a great cause.

      We're going to be putting this on hopefully every year. So look out for this next year!

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1