Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone here do Counter-Drug?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SGT Loco
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 1765

    Anyone here do Counter-Drug?

    I'm planning on dropping a couple packets for the California Guards Counter Drug Task Force here soon. I've only found a couple of people in my unit that have done it, and they had positive things to say, but that was awhile back and I didn't get any specifics. Reliable information seems scarce, so I figured I'd come here, to the repository of all knowledge.

    So, anybody here have any experience with this stuff? If so, what did you think? Any advice? Warnings? Funny stories?
    Last edited by SGT Loco; 01-12-2013, 8:09 PM.

    ------
    SGT Thomas Macpherson KIA 12 OCT 2012
    SFC Ryan Savard KIA 13 OCT 2012
    "Sine Pari"
  • #2
    epilepticninja
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 4166

    I'm strictly over-the-counter drugs. Sorry.
    Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

    Comment

    • #3
      NiteQwill
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2007
      • 6368

      Not me, but a buddy who spent 7 years in the Guard before going back active said he loved it. Could be dangerous (burning WELL PROTECTED crops up north) if you're looking for that.

      The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

      Comment

      • #4
        Trapper
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2007
        • 2159

        In '93 I flew down to Panama for four months of counter narcotics operations. Some of the best liberty in my 20yr career was in Central America! Fantastic seafood, great music, world class fishing, and we found some drugs ;-)
        When the battle drum beats, it is too late to sharpen your sword."
        Sir Winston Churchill

        Comment

        • #5
          Matt1984
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 1078

          A lot of guys in my unit do counter drug, you have to have a specific MOS to do it and you I think its only for a year, but you can re apply
          sigpicWe need to ban water to stop the poor fat kids from drowning - Ted Nugent

          Comment

          • #6
            navycorpsman
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2011
            • 708

            I did non-complient Drug boarding in the Horn of Africa and it was awesome chasing pirates and drug smugglers. Got in some sticky situation but had great guys. I know it probley not the info you want since I was Navy but I know nothing about army or guard
            If you Are not behind us, then take your place in front of us" Devil Doc, Corpsman Up!
            Love My country and My fellow Vets
            R.I.P my brothers
            HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)

            Comment

            • #7
              CrazyCobraManTim
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2005
              • 2335

              All this worldwide deployment......Don't they still do local enforcement too? Here in ANF and CNF areas of So Cal?? I was asking around to see about the same for some reserve soldiers interested in doing CANG support missions.

              Comment

              • #8
                jmsenk
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 504

                My experience is from Honduras - which was a blast. The Hondos sure know how to **** **** up. As far as CAARNG Counter Drug, all I have to go on is second hand, but that is all positive, and I hear that there are as many slots for signals intel, commo, and support positions as there are for door kickers and face shooters.
                My Blog: Here I Stand
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  CHECOV9x19
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 46

                  My buddy did counter drug near some beach in socal. Some Army SF Sgt. was in charge of them while they watched some high tech motion sensor cameras 15 or so miles off the coast. They said they saw some activity but it wasnt all high speed operator type work.
                  The gig is good if you are getting per diem, BAH, and BAS.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    blap59
                    Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 102

                    I think you have to be a 31, 11, and *maybe* 19 series to get on the TF. Not sure about support roles. I was told to apply, but wasn't guaranteed a release from the Reserves to go NG.

                    Sounds like nothing but a blast, and there are opportunities for schools like Air Assault that you might not get as a regular NG MP.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Matt1984
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 1078

                      Originally posted by blap59
                      I think you have to be a 31, 11, and *maybe* 19 series to get on the TF. Not sure about support roles. I was told to apply, but wasn't guaranteed a release from the Reserves to go NG.

                      Sounds like nothing but a blast, and there are opportunities for schools like Air Assault that you might not get as a regular NG MP.
                      In the ca ng they do not take a lot of 31 and 11 series for this tf anymore. They also have nearly nixed any reserve involvement the majority of roles that have openings is for 35 series and if you want info go to the ca ng website and look at the job opportunities


                      Sent from my singars radio
                      sigpicWe need to ban water to stop the poor fat kids from drowning - Ted Nugent

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        winnre
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 9214

                        I worked with the Joint Task Forces, JTF-6 along the US/Mexico Border and JTF Grizzly inside California. There was JTF Northstar along the Canadian border too. I am sure these have all been renamed since this was in the late 90s.

                        You can PM me with any questions.
                        "If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Stockton
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 1316

                          Show up fit and ready to pass APFT beyond standard. Alpha males only. Be proficient at all Level 1 tasks. Be prepared to be called out if you run your mouth like jack hole. Once you're in your in and only you can screw it up. Don't be delusional about who you are or what you'll do.

                          You planning on going north or south?
                          http://youtu.be/7Ii2kyQP-Is

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SGT Loco
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 1765

                            Thanks for the replies guys! Interesting stuff

                            Still waiting on one last piece of paper work, but I hope to drop the packets this weekend. Fingers crossed.

                            Originally posted by Stockton
                            Show up fit and ready to pass APFT beyond standard. Alpha males only. Be proficient at all Level 1 tasks. Be prepared to be called out if you run your mouth like jack hole. Once you're in your in and only you can screw it up. Don't be delusional about who you are or what you'll do.

                            You planning on going north or south?
                            I've got all those bases covered- I'm fresh off deployment, and probably in the best shape I've ever been in. All of the positions I'm interested right now in are south- SD and Santa Barbara areas (score!).

                            I think you have to be a 31, 11, and *maybe* 19 series to get on the TF. Not sure about support roles. I was told to apply, but wasn't guaranteed a release from the Reserves to go NG.
                            None of the position listing have MOS requirements.

                            ------
                            SGT Thomas Macpherson KIA 12 OCT 2012
                            SFC Ryan Savard KIA 13 OCT 2012
                            "Sine Pari"

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Hoot11
                              Junior Member
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 16

                              Keep us posted.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1