Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Getting screwed by the Army?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    tanksoldier
    Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 207

    Was told it was the policy of the base and not automatic that the bah is where the dependants are
    Unless the Navy is different than the rest of DoD, it's determined by whether it's a voluntary or involuntary separation.

    Technically, a room in the barracks is determined by that as well. A voluntarily separated geographical bachelor gets last chance at a barracks room if there is a space issue.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight were I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

    Comment

    • #17
      JayTee_IsMe
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 884

      Well I got everything sorted out. My orders were ammended cause someone made a mistake and I cleared this through Finance so I will be getting BAH where my family is as well as involuntary separation pay. It took a civilian (the Army liason) to see what was wrong. I think some people will be getting phone calls from him!

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

      Comment

      • #18
        laabstract
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 1960

        Originally posted by JayTee_IsMe
        Well I got everything sorted out. My orders were ammended cause someone made a mistake and I cleared this through Finance so I will be getting BAH where my family is as well as involuntary separation pay. It took a civilian (the Army liason) to see what was wrong. I think some people will be getting phone calls from him!

        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
        You lucked out big time.
        In memory of Ricky Lee Turner, January 16th 2009 Baghdad Iraq

        In memory of Rogelio Antonio Ramirez, August 26th 2007
        Saqlawiyah Iraq

        "most people quick to go to war haven't seen it."-
        unknown

        Check out my YouTube page
        http://www.youtube.com/user/DJCBX/videos

        Comment

        • #19
          SilverTauron
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2012
          • 5699

          Originally posted by JayTee_IsMe
          Well I got everything sorted out. My orders were ammended cause someone made a mistake and I cleared this through Finance so I will be getting BAH where my family is as well as involuntary separation pay. It took a civilian (the Army liason) to see what was wrong. I think some people will be getting phone calls from him!

          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
          Glad to hear they worked it out. I worked military finance in the USAF, and the policy was that Family Separation Pay was not issued unless the member actually lived with the family for a minimum of 3 months continuously prior to the separating event, be it a TDY , PCS, or deployment. Its a policy which has caused issues with people not being paid when they should be.

          To avoid misunderstandings like this in the future, here's a link to the DODFMR: Department of Defense Financial Management Regulations. Its dry reading guaranteed to cure the most stubborn case of insomnia, but its the Bible all the DoD services use to determine matters of pay and compensation. I do not know the specific Army regulation for finance,but it would be wise to consult that resource also when the next set of orders come for you.

          Thanks for your service, and im glad to see the situation was addressed.
          The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
          The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
          -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

          The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

          Comment

          • #20
            blap59
            Member
            • Nov 2009
            • 102

            Just curious now that you're squared away, did you have to take a hit in rank to make the switch?

            Ive seen a few go from reserves to AD, but had to lose a stripe.

            PS, you don't have to answer if you dont want to let that out.

            Comment

            • #21
              blap59
              Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 102

              Just curious now that you're squared away, did you have to take a hit in rank to make the switch?

              Ive seen a few go from reserves to AD, but had to lose a stripe.

              PS, you don't have to answer if you dont want to let that out.

              Comment

              • #22
                JayTee_IsMe
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 884

                I'm just a E4 so I had no stripes to lose. But they do have a Grade Determination worksheet or something that determines wether a NCO will keep his reserve stripes. I did lose 4 years towards retirement though lol.

                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1