Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Posers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    DSA_FAL
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 827

    Here's another poser, Elizabeth McKenzie: She pretended to be an Afghan war veteran.

    sigpic

    "There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

    "The shotgun is an art, the rifle is a science, the pistol, a craft."

    Comment

    • #47
      Outta Control
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 2383

      Originally posted by paul0660
      I don't think anyone answered my question. How is it that overweight soldiers are deployed?

      Wait! Is that... No... Gomer Pyle?



      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
      George Orwell

      Comment

      • #48
        ch47gunner
        Member
        • Mar 2007
        • 431

        I carry my challenge coin everywhere, it's in the front left pocket of my jeans now. I consider it a "lucky piece" and won't leave home without it.
        Carry one or not, if you don't have yours or you're REMF slow, you're gonna owe me a drink!

        11Bforme has the right responce (IMHO), just ask a few pertinent questions on where, when, what unit, & maybe weapons. If they are posers, they usually won't have a clue. I've outed a few people this way - I've never made a scene over it but, I've had "chats" with several coworkers at one time or another.

        And I certainly wouldn't post a copy of my DD214. Google your name or forum handle, every thing you've ever written or posted will come up. Try it.

        Bruce

        It's not a World War until France surrenders.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #49
          Outta Control
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 2383

          Originally posted by ch47gunner
          ...And I certainly wouldn't post a copy of my DD214. Google your name or forum handle, every thing you've ever written or posted will come up. Try it.

          Bruce
          Nope tried it. Nothing shows up unless you like a Metal Band song called Outta Control. I tried my name and I did get my Facebook page. Nothing earth shocking.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
          George Orwell

          Comment

          • #50
            Darthbauer
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 717

            Speaking of posers, my ex-wife's bf says he is a retired Army Captain and that he was also a Marine for some time. Oh, he's only 24 btw and about 280 pounds. Riiiight.

            Comment

            • #51
              Outta Control
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 2383

              LOL! Gotta love it!

              On a side note Wil Willis the star of Special Ops Mission is a legit. Ex-Ranger and Ex-PJ he got some skills there.

              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
              George Orwell

              Comment

              • #52
                epilepticninja
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 4166

                Originally posted by docsmileyface
                Yeah, I don't know who actually carries coins around in their pockets.
                Mine is in my wallet.
                Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

                Comment

                • #53
                  ChuckBooty
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 1299

                  Originally posted by paul0660
                  I don't think anyone answered my question. How is it that overweight soldiers are deployed?


                  I'm not sure HOW they end up deployed

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Nate87
                    Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 196

                    I've come across posers before as well. It's usually at bars when it happens. Usually some guy claiming to be or have been in the military and tell stories about "combat" to try and impress girls or something. A few occasions i would overhear them talking about the military and would be genuinly interested but after a few questions with no real answers i'd call their bluff which leaves them pretty embarrassed.

                    Recently i was visiting a buddy in North Carolina when he told me about some dude on one of the forums claiming to be HIM. Not just lying about being the the service but to go as far as claim to be him PARTICULARLY!! He found out from his buddy who was part of that forum and called him to tell him what was going on. The members on the forum were able to call his bluff by asking him particular questions that he either couldnt produce or was totally wrong.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      EOD3
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 949

                      Originally posted by racky
                      the simple way to call them out is coining them. when they can't produce a coin, collect your drink, and tell them to GTFO

                      I see they still pay you guys the same way they paid us.
                      "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" ~Ted Nugent

                      "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." ~ Claire Wolfe

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Anchors
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 5940

                        Originally posted by Darthbauer
                        Speaking of posers, my ex-wife's bf says he is a retired Army Captain and that he was also a Marine for some time. Oh, he's only 24 btw and about 280 pounds. Riiiight.
                        Just playing devil's advocate for a minute...

                        He could have joined the Marine Corps at 17 and gotten his degree while in the service and then when his enlistment ended went to OCS for the Army.
                        Then he could have gotten injured in the Army and medically retired.

                        I know that is a long shot, but it is possible right? (can one of you vets answer this, please).

                        Seems like he would have still had to have gotten out really recently for that to happen though. Probably since your ex has known him.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          dustoff31
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 8209

                          Originally posted by RyanAnchors
                          Just playing devil's advocate for a minute...

                          He could have joined the Marine Corps at 17 and gotten his degree while in the service and then when his enlistment ended went to OCS for the Army.
                          Then he could have gotten injured in the Army and medically retired.

                          I know that is a long shot, but it is possible right? (can one of you vets answer this, please).

                          Seems like he would have still had to have gotten out really recently for that to happen though. Probably since your ex has known him.
                          I'd have to say no. It's possible he could have been commissioned under your scenario. Which would make him 21-22 at commissioning? He's not going to make CPT (O3) in 2-3 years.
                          "Did I say "republic?" By God, yes, I said "republic!" Long live the glorious republic of the United States of America. Damn democracy. It is a fraudulent term used, often by ignorant persons but no less often by intellectual fakers, to describe an infamous mixture of socialism, miscegenation, graft, confiscation of property and denial of personal rights to individuals whose virtuous principles make them offensive." - Westbrook Pegler

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Anchors
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 5940

                            Originally posted by dustoff31
                            I'd have to say no. It's possible he could have been commissioned under your scenario. Which would make him 21-22 at commissioning? He's not going to make CPT (O3) in 2-3 years.
                            Oh. I didn't catch the "Captain" part. Good call.

                            Did the Marines ever do the "try a year" or two-year (active, six reserve) enlistments like the Army did at one point? Just curious.
                            That would have left him no time to get a degree so he could commission though, either way.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              FrankDux
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 1489

                              Originally posted by Outta Control
                              Here is another poser:









                              And some (funny) facts

                              Frank Dux does everything that Chuck Norris does, but he does it with a beer in his hand.

                              Chuck Norris is the salt of the earth. Frank Dux uses that salt to flavor his eggs.

                              Chuck Norris is a real straight shooter. Frank Dux doesn't need to shoot, his kick was clocked at 72 mph for Christ's sakes.

                              The Texas highway patrol sets their speed limits based off of the velocity of Chuck Norris roundhouse kick (55mph). The Autobahn has no speed limit, based off of the velocity of Frank Dux's kick. One has been clocked at 72 mph for Christ's sakes!

                              Chuck Norris thinks the definition of FAST is "to move quickly". Frank Dux knows that FASST stands for "Focus, Action, Skills, Strategy, and Tactics". Suck it, Chuck!

                              SUCK IT, CHUCK!!!

                              Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris kills people. Frank Dux kills people and elephants.

                              Chuck Norris has 2 speeds: walk and kill. Frank Dux has 3 speeds: walk, kill, and kill elephants.

                              If Jesus had a brother, he would be Chuck Norris. Jesus did have a father, and His name is Frank Dux.

                              Chuck Norris grew up on the wrong side of the tracks...because Frank Dux wouldn't let him cross back over.

                              It only takes Chuck Norris 3.2 seconds to tie his shoelaces. It only takes 3.2 seconds for Frank Dux to knock someone's *** out.

                              Chuck Norris can part the sea. Frank Dux can drain it.
                              Hahahah!!

                              chuck norris invented "the total gym"
                              Frank Dux invented "The Total Package"

                              anyways....I cant believe people actually have the nerve to pretend they are in the military. That out of control.
                              Im not the real Dux.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                tacticalcity
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 10929

                                Originally posted by RyanAnchors
                                Just playing devil's advocate for a minute...

                                He could have joined the Marine Corps at 17 and gotten his degree while in the service and then when his enlistment ended went to OCS for the Army.
                                Then he could have gotten injured in the Army and medically retired.

                                I know that is a long shot, but it is possible right? (can one of you vets answer this, please).

                                Seems like he would have still had to have gotten out really recently for that to happen though. Probably since your ex has known him.
                                Possible, but a stretch. Then again he may not be 24...he might just look young. I have a coworker who doesn't look a day over 24 and is actually 43. Pisses me off.

                                I have said it before and will say it again, the odds of somebody lying about having served their country vs. you being totally wrong and insulting someone who did are not in your favor. So do not assume they are lying. Nothing could dishonor yourself more than to accuse a vet of lying about his service. Vets derserve your respect, not your accusations. If you have doubts, keep them to yourself. The odds are you're wrong, and will only end up acting like the biggest jackass on the planet if you act on it.

                                I have only had one person be stupid enough to call me and the people I was with liars when someone told him we were military. He felt our hair was too long so we must be lying. Words can not describe how enraged I and my fellow servicemen that were with me became. It was an incredibly terrible feeling to have our honor questioned like that.
                                Last edited by tacticalcity; 05-07-2011, 6:53 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1