Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone ever been to NAS Fallon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • desertram800
    Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 265

    Anyone ever been to NAS Fallon

    I'm currently on deployment in ***-Crap-i-Stan, and it's looking like I'm going to NAS Fallon, NV upon return. Finally, I get to take my CA legal features off, and get some more toys! Anyhow, I've heard all kinds of rumors, I was wondering if anyone can either yay or nay them. I've heard that servicemembers are not allowed to use any type of OHV because of the number of injuries. I've heard that your not even allowed to drive your truck off the road, ie like mobbing out in the middle of the desert. I heard that you get isolated duty pay. I heard that they have civilian LE to handle everything and the MA's are stuck on gates. I've heard that in Fallon (the town) there are a lot of skinheads. Uh, well that's all I can remember right now, so if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    sigpic
  • #2
    Ricewatcher
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 51

    I've been through Fallon plenty of times...it's the last stop you can make to get supplies if you are on your way to Sand Mtn. I haven't seen any skinheads, only a few small casino's. I know the cops like to pull over guys going 45mph with a toy hauler as they leave town (personal growth experience for me as I was right by a posted speed limit sign), and finally I find it hillarious the same people that frequent Sand Mtn fill up with gas at the very same gas station owned by the same indian tribe trying to shut it down for OHV activities...

    Not the worst place in the world, and you have Reno relatively close. Oh yeah, they have a Super Wally-Mart. Hoo-rah!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      Ricewatcher
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 51

      Oh one more thing...I know nothing of how UCMJ applies, but in Nevada you can ride on the dunes to your hearts content without a helmet, you just have to have a little flag attached to your ride.

      Comment

      • #4
        kermit315
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2007
        • 5931

        I know we couldnt use ATV's the last time we DET'd out up there, but I think that was CAG/Squadron CO, not the base. YMMV.

        I dont remember any skinheads either, but crazy people are everywhere. Dont think you get isolated duty pay, but there might be IAP involved, which is where you put in a bid for less than desirable duty stations. I know Lemoore had this going for a while. You wont necessarily be stuck on a gate, you might get to patrol the barracks with the SP from the different airwings detting out up there, but beyond drunk sailors, you will be very bored at work.

        In town, the cops will nail you for just a couple over the posted limit, but it is such a laid back town that you wont feel the need to speed (at least I didnt, its very similar to where I am from in Illinois, as far as atmosphere).

        Good luck, and if you have any more questions, please ask.

        Jamie

        Comment

        • #5
          AEC1
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 1659

          Pigs in Space... LOL
          Land of the Free BECAUSE of the brave.


          Originally posted by HondaMasterTech
          So far, I've had six beers, four redbulls, eight twinkies and I'm REALLY afraid to fart!

          Comment

          • #6
            kermit315
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2007
            • 5931

            Originally posted by AEC1
            Pigs in Space... LOL
            FTW!

            Comment

            • #7
              desertram800
              Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 265

              Thanks for all the info everyone, I think I may go a little crazy there from the lack of activity at work, well at least compared to where I am now... As long as I can ride my dirtbike, go fishing, and go shooting, and they have a nice dive bar or two, I'll be GTG!
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                TKM
                Onward through the fog!
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2002
                • 10657

                Don't drink the water.
                It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Big D
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 1070

                  +1 on the water

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    PIRATE14
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 3189

                    Originally posted by desertram800
                    Thanks for all the info everyone, I think I may go a little crazy there from the lack of activity at work, well at least compared to where I am now... As long as I can ride my dirtbike, go fishing, and go shooting, and they have a nice dive bar or two, I'll be GTG!
                    Used ta go to da Bird farm.....that was a pretty good dive bar....prolly gone by now...

                    Pigs in Space.....good one....what was the acutal name of that place...
                    CHECKOUT...http://cwstactical.com FOR ALL YOUR CALIFORNIA LEGAL AR-AK-HK RIFLES and BUILDS...

                    CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

                    CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

                    BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kermit315
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 5931

                      Bird Farm is still there,but its named something different, with different management. Sandwinds is still there too.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        desertram800
                        Member
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 265

                        Sorry to dig this up, but has anyone been there recently? What uniforms were the MA's (Master at Arms, Navy Police) wearing? Woodland BDU's? DCU's? The new gay blue digi stuff? Thanks!
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          kermit315
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 5931

                          Not sure up there, but down here they are all still in woodlands, and I heard it was going to stay that way. New digi's arent a tactical uniform, but just a working uniform. The woodlands are supposed to be more "tactical", so sea bees, MA's/security, boots on the ground, will still wear all the old stuff.

                          funny thing is, in the digi's we have to roll the sleeves the airforce way, but in the woodlands we have to roll them the Marine Corps way.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            kermit315
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 5931

                            Just to add something to this: They just made the MA's here switch over to the digi camies.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1