Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

RIP LCpl Joshua "MD" Whittle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bubbagump
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 2302

    RIP LCpl Joshua "MD" Whittle

    I went to high school with this kid. He graduated a year after me. I never spoke to him, but I remember seeing him at school. From what I hear, he was hit by a land mine.

    I have friends and family who are going to Afghanistan in the near future...

    God Bless Josh and everyone who is out there serving our country!

    Video Here:
    FOX 11 News and Good Day LA, your source for news, weather, traffic, entertainment and sports for the Greater Los Angeles area.


    His Myspace:
    Last edited by bubbagump; 06-11-2009, 9:23 AM.
  • #2
    Palindari
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1020

    Carry on, wayward son...
    "I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State.
    My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own,
    so both of them together is certain death."
    - George Carlin
    .308 Springfield M1A (with JAE custom stock ) - .22 Scoped Marlin bolt action - 12 gauge Mossberg 590 (combat customed) - 9mm Springfield XD-9 - .40SW H&K P2000 SK Subcompact V3 (my carry-on) - .40SW Walther P99 QA - .357 Taurus Tracker w/6.5" barrel - 5.7x28mm FN Five-Seven

    Comment

    • #3
      PatriotnMore
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2007
      • 7068

      RIP warrior, thank you for your service.
      ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
      --James Madison
      'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

      Comment

      • #4
        AlexF
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Oct 2008
        • 1179

        Rest in peace Joshua Whittle. God bless you and your family.

        Comment

        • #5
          GenLee
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2007
          • 2675

          He died an honorable death.

          I am for ever grateful for his service.

          I pray his family will soon be comforted in his passing,
          sigpic

          "Lest we forget" .... General Robert E. Lee

          "Do I have the right to do it?" "Yes, you do" "Can I do it then?" "No, you can't" - Nick

          "No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will
          and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan

          Comment

          • #6
            odysseus
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Dec 2005
            • 10407

            RIP. Condolences to the family.
            "Just leave me alone, I know what to do." - Kimi Raikkonen

            The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
            - John Adams

            http://www.usdebtclock.org/

            Comment

            • #7
              6172crew
              Moderator Emeritus
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 6240

              I'd like to move this to the .mil forum if it's ok with the op.
              sigpic
              HMM-161 Westpac 1994

              Comment

              • #8
                goathead
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 3601

                Condolences to the family... a true hero

                Comment

                • #9
                  NiteQwill
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 6368

                  Originally posted by GenLee
                  He died an honorable death.

                  I am for ever grateful for his service.

                  I pray his family will soon be comforted in his passing,
                  I disagree. There is no honor is death. It is a cold, lifeless, and painful experience for everyone and anyone to encounter.

                  Living a fruitful, humble life is honorable and I believe LCpl Whittle did just that.

                  RIP

                  The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bubbagump
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 2302

                    Originally posted by 6172crew
                    I'd like to move this to the .mil forum if it's ok with the op.
                    Go for it, sir.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      masameet
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 4487

                      Poor kid. Didn't even get to celebrate his 21st birthday.

                      RIP Joshua "MD" Whittle.
                      x

                      "Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
                      They've need to show that they can think at all;
                      Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
                      He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        GenLee
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 2675

                        Originally posted by NiteQwill
                        I disagree. There is no honor is death. It is a cold, lifeless, and painful experience for everyone and anyone to encounter.

                        Living a fruitful, humble life is honorable and I believe LCpl Whittle did just that.

                        RIP
                        I will not dishonor this thread to by arguing a moot point with you. However much I'd like too.
                        Last edited by GenLee; 06-11-2009, 11:39 AM.
                        sigpic

                        "Lest we forget" .... General Robert E. Lee

                        "Do I have the right to do it?" "Yes, you do" "Can I do it then?" "No, you can't" - Nick

                        "No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will
                        and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Charliegone
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 6104

                          May he rest in peace.


                          I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
                          -BWiese

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            JohnnyRooks
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 1766

                            R.I.P.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Ron-Solo
                              In Memoriam
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 8581

                              My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and comrades during this difficult time. God Bless them all.
                              LASD Retired
                              1978-2011

                              NRA Life Member
                              CRPA Life Member
                              NRA Rifle Instructor
                              NRA Shotgun Instructor
                              NRA Range Safety Officer
                              DOJ Certified Instructor

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1