Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PCS blessings?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kevman0154
    Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 254

    PCS blessings?

    Well my time Overseas sadly(gladly?) has to come to an end. This time the Green weenie has sent me to Ft. Bliss. This is my first posting stateside and my first time living out of state. i already have been to all the gun stores in my area and pawn shops to scope out the best deals. I have to say, TEXAS IS NOT CALIFORNIA. I feel bad for my bank account and Credit cards because there is just too much to choose from out here. Lets just say ill be going on a nice boating trip before i get back Cali

    Anyone been to Ft Bliss before or the El Paso area, maybe can give me some tips about the area?
  • #2
    Endless
    Banned
    • Feb 2010
    • 1881

    It gets old really fast.

    SBRs, silencers, full auto, destructive devices get old and California civilians aren’t missing much IMO. After first 8 months it’s ops normal all over again.

    Texas is a good state and a lot of military folks build and retire there because in some areas it’s not La Jolla California prices.


    You will have fun. Weather is average and they have good people. Decent drivers. Probably better than New York and California for sure.

    Comment

    • #3
      kevman0154
      Member
      • Mar 2014
      • 254

      Thanks man! im going to enjoy it while i can! its been only a couple weeks so far. im still so overwhelmed and shocked at what is all available to the rest of the country. .

      Comment

      • #4
        Ewcmr2
        Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 251

        Originally posted by kevman0154
        Anyone been to Ft Bliss before or the El Paso area, maybe can give me some tips about the area?
        My kid spent some time at Holloman AFB...
        Las Cruces has 1000yd public range and the trip to Mad Jacks BBQ (Cloudcroft NM) is worth the trip.

        Comment

        • #5
          chris
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2006
          • 19452

          El Paso isn't bad. Several gun stores in the area. There is a shooting club not too far from post. I think it's the Ft. Bliss gun club.

          Originally posted by Ewcmr2
          My kid spent some time at Holloman AFB...
          Las Cruces has 1000yd public range and the trip to Mad Jacks BBQ (Cloudcroft NM) is worth the trip.

          I saw that place on the way there in May. The best part is that the range is free. From what I saw it's pretty nice for a range off the side of the freeway.
          Bring an EZ Up.



          Freedom Crossing has just everything you want to eat. The PX is pretty good. Lots of places to spend your money on.

          I spent a year there. Wasn't that bad and it sure as hell isn't California.
          http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
          sigpic
          Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
          contact the governor
          https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
          In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
          NRA Life Member.

          Comment

          • #6
            chris
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2006
            • 19452

            People in El Paso can't drive for sh*t either. McGregor range sucks too. There is absolutely nothing there. Don't speed on the road on the way into McGregor the 54 nobody really cares.
            http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
            sigpic
            Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
            contact the governor
            https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
            In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
            NRA Life Member.

            Comment

            • #7
              kevman0154
              Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 254

              Thanks for the info guys! I been looking at some places in the desert just to have some fun. With the heat finally dying off i can go venture deeper and set some stuff up! We really need to change CA. Its unfair whole sections of the country cant experience what the rest of the nation can.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1